Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I've had a couple of recommendations in the intro forum here and it looks like we're going to start shopping for an older XMR. Going to stick to non-Turbo 101HP 1000r.

Aside from the typical visual condition and asking for maintenance history what should I watch out for when buying an older XMR say 2014-2016 model years? Are there any common problems? What are the better Years?

Update: Spent a few hours digging through this site and compiled the info I found below. To answer my own question it seems the 2017 machines are the ones that are most up to date.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
2014 had Air Suspension that was a problem for many but luckily it was deleted in 2015. Looks like 2015 also got the Warn Winch upgraded to 4500 Lb over the 2014 which was 4000 lb and the addition of the Extra Low Gear.

2015 Can-Am Maverick 1000R X mr DPSPackage Includes:

• Fully adjustable FOX HPG piggyback shocks
  • CVT transmission with extra low gear
  • New optional Digital Camo and Manta Green finish with X-Package seat trim and graphics
  • 4,500-pound (2,041 kg) WARN ProVantage winch (Failure Prone?)
  • 30-in. (76.2cm) Gorilla Axle Silverback† tires
  • 14-in. (35.6cm) ITP† SS312 cast-aluminum wheels
  • Strategically positioned engine air intake and CVT inlets / outlets
  • Tri-Mode Dynamic Power Steering (DPS™)
  • Visco-Lok QE
  • Analog / digital gauge
  • Custom steering wheel with brushed-aluminum center part
  • Front bumper

Rear Axles were upgraded to larger spline and hub.

Has two keys one Black one Gray (Black=Fast)

Battery was relocated to dash area above left foot.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Looks like 2017 saw a few more upgrades:

New FOX 2.5 Podium QS3 piggyback shocks were added for 2017.The high-grade shocks allow for simpler and quicker compression adjustments, and feature a tool-free adjuster and numerous fine-tuning ranges for exceptional ride quality.

NEW Front sway bar
The new front sway bar uses a torsional spring design to counter weight transfers to reduce body roll and create an even flatter and more desirable handling experience. It attaches to the underside of the chassis and to the A-arms via a sway bar link.

NEW 14-inch Cast-Aluminum Wheels
New stylish and functional 14-inch (35.6 cm) cast-aluminum wheels give the Maverick X mr 1000R its own unique look. The lighter weight black wheels are durable for the demanding mud and have an attractive machined aluminum 8-spoke design with a black center and Can-Am cap.

Has a Superwinch Terra 4500 LB instead of the Warn Winch. Still a Roller Fairlead.

Secondary Clutch is now a Roller type. (Same as the Turbo model)

Revised Clutch Housing.

For 2017 the Max 4 seater was also now available as XMR.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
2019 64" wide is called the Sport Model.

Winch is a Superwinch 4500 LB with Hawse (Roller Fairlead deleted)

All Snorkels are now in the back above the Driver's head including engine air intake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts