Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
giving my dad my wildcat sport. I've put a lot into it and it's a great machine, but the x3 is another level. he's coming off an atv and had a rollover last year that i think freaked him out a bit because he said he wanted to look at getting a sxs.

·
Registered
2020 X3 Max XRS Turbo RR
20 Posts
That’s Awesome! Nothing like still being able to go out and ride with your father! I too know about my pops taking a bad spill on his quad. I finally decided it was time to get an X3 Max this dune season. My dad has been driving it when I’m riding the quads with my son. He absolutely loves it so far and the suspension will save him a lot of soreness lol. Hope you guys have a lot of fun tearing it up out there together!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I watched my dad take a big spill on my XR650L a few years back...We were many miles in the middle of no where camping and he had to shove a needle into his thigh to drain the blood he hit so hard. (My older sister is a nurse and yes she has all that stuff on hand when we camp). He hasn't gotten back on a dirt bike since, but he had hip replacement surgery last year and didn't do any riding. He lives a couple of states away from me, but cant wait for a ride in the X3 this year.

I think it is super cool of you to give your dad the wildcat. Makes the world a better place to have these types of people in it. Thank you for sharing!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Good story about passing your Wildcat "up" to your father!

I moved from a new 2017 Grizzly 700 shortly after buying it to my MavT 2+ years ago due to age-related hand arthritis (I'm pushing 73) and inability to safely control the thumb throttle from related numbness and joint pain. One incident in particular when I nearly ran over my buddy who was off his own atv preparing to spot me was enough to convince me I needed a different type of machine. Choice of MavT to ride 50" class trails (no physical gates locally) which was the Goldilocks decision. Ironically, that buddy subsequently sold his own Grizz and replaced it with a MavT.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
when we go riding it's always a family outing. myself, my 5yr old, my dad, my uncle and his son, my brother and his step son, and a few good friends.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts