Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I guess I should've introduced myself earlier, so I'll try to remedy that now. I'm 59 and have been off-roading for 51 years. Spent 6 years racing motorcycles in the desert professionally in the late 70s/early 80s. Currently ride a 1985 ATC250R in the dunes of Glamis; I actually purchased the bike brand new and have owned it ever since; lots of love/money/work into it. Also ride a 2012 Husqvarna TE310, and a vintage 1972 Yamaha AT2 125 Enduro.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

(New seat cover is on order)

Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting

Just purchased a 2020 X3 X RS Turbo RR, with alot of aftermarket chassis upgrades (high clearance radius arms, front bulkhead gusset kit, toe link supports, shock tower brace, Taco kit, etc). Still love my 3-wheeler, but getting to that age where I occasionally need to relax a bit, and looking forward to getting my new toy out in the sand! 7 days at Glamis over the Thanksgiving holiday should be a good start!
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Anyway, glad to be here, and hope to gain/contribute some knowledge. Hope I didn't PO too many people with an earlier post (that appears to have been deleted now), that was never my intent. Unfortunately, my wife tells me that as I age I seem to have gotten to be more and more of a jerk; hope you all will accept the apology. :cool:

·
Administrator
3,862 Posts
Welcome....

Thanks for humbling up after the first entrance...kinda was over.the.top for defense by a new member, IMO.

Please stay cool, calm, and collected and you will be golden here. There are hundreds of regulars' personalities here that need to meld together.... whether it is a non-drinking morning, or a Royal Crown weekend night...

Thanks again for joining us!!....Lance.

·
Premium Member
8,269 Posts
Welcome from Surprise Arizona.

Tim

·
Registered
155 Posts
Welcome from the PNW. Some good looking old bikes. That 250R is vintage. I had one of those and a 350X years ago. Had several quads after but never felt the same passion that I had for the 3 wheelers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Yeah, the '85/86 250R was arguably the best 3-wheeler ever built, and are actually more valuable today than when new. As an example, I had 2 of them in my trailer; mine and my wife's. She doesn't ride much anymore, so I combined the best parts of both into 1 to keep and 1 to sell. While I bought it for $2500 back in late '84, I sold it last month for $4800. That, along with the sale of an '85 Yamaha BW200, provided a down payment for the Can Am. The 125 Enduro gets more attention than any bike I've owned; seems that alot of people had (or wanted) one back in the day. It makes a great campground bike, as well, on the back of the motorhome. Never really got into the quads, although alot of people in our group ride them. For awhile, they were running the 450s, but most have gone back to 250Rs. Nothing like the powerband of the old 2-strokes!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Great name Cage4Aged! I started out in Glamis on a 1983 250R (air cooled) that I bought out of the Pennysaver in 1990 for 600 bucks! It was like brand new when I bought it and I rode the hell out of it for years. Your gonna love your new X3.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts