Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been searching around for performance parts and stumbled on the forum. Been reading all the threads off and on all day. I have purchased a Maverick as my first side x side. I am stoked. I bought it yesterday but wont be able to pick it up until Tuesday because of New Years. What really sucks is I work in the oilfield and work a 14 day on and 14 off schedule. So I go sign all the paperwork on the damn thing then have to let it sit in my shop for two weeks before I get to go tear the trails up. Anyways I look forward to reading and learning from you guys. I would appreciate any insight as to any performance parts and upgrades.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Congrats from another roughneck, and look on the bright side you'll have two weeks to plan what to do, where to go and then have two weeks to ride!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Congrats, which model did you get?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm an Okie to. If you don't mind where did you get you Mav at? My salesman at Jones Offroad called me and said he had a couple in and went and test drove one. Just hoping they still have them when I go to get mine. LOL

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought mine at Honda of Tulsa! If you get one hit me up and we might can get together and go ride one weekened!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Welcome to the site. You are starting your SxS experience the right way. Many people have had to endure many factory under powered brands. You will enjoy this beast!

·
Registered
13 Posts
We can still go I have a 2012 XP Vodoo Blue right now. Probably gonna pick up the Maverick for my new SXS. Gonna give the wife the XP. Hehe!!!

·
Registered
568 Posts
We will have to get together and ride sometime, I'm in north Texas, just south of Wichita Falls, and I have an xrs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do you ride below the Eufala Dam? We usually go quite a bit in the summer.. If you get a ride together just hollar at me, Im having ride withdrawals lol

Congrats on the new ride!!

·
Registered
568 Posts
How big is that riding area? It's a 5hr drive for me, but it looks interesting. We usually ride off the hwy 79 bridge on the red river south of waurika.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's pretty big, and its not just sand. There is trail with hills to climb and all kinds of stuff. Awesome place to ride and consume a few beers in the process. Usually has a really good turnout. Usually between 20-30 units. A lot of high end 4 wheelers come out and drag race to. It's a really good time.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
ouch, an okie with a maverick sounds pretty scary to me... lol, seriously, congrats and enjoy it. ( by the way i was born and raised in yukon, oklahoma city, mustang and ponca city where i lived 25 years until moving to vegas about 20 years back.)

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
thats teh smart way to do it, give it to yoru wife and get a maverick....that works well my friend....lol....i will have to remember that one..
We can still go I have a 2012 XP Vodoo Blue right now. Probably gonna pick up the Maverick for my new SXS. Gonna give the wife the XP. Hehe!!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts