Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a Max today at a Phoenix area dealer, I won't name them to be fair, but large dealer on the west side of the 101 freeway. They had a Max with all the bells and whistles, aftermarket cage, full integrated stereo, aluminum roof, 16" wheel and tires including suspension mods, light bars, and some other stuff. They are asking $32,000 for this unit. What do ya'll think? It took my breath away but the 16" wheels really stoked my interest. they did have the same cage sitting on the floor for $3,600 change round off. No engine or clutching modifications that anyone told me about. Any one else looked at the unit what are your opinions?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL, I know what you mean, the suspension mods gave me some concern with the increased stress on components and such. Although the 16" wheels really did look good.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was kinda strange, I wandered around for about an hour, checking out a lot of stuff and no sales people bothered me! When I did spy the rig in discussion I ask a passing employee about it and he said they did all the mods but did not touch the engine or clutch "let the owners do that stuff and suffer the consequences" or something close. So to get a couple of questions answered I called and watched the guy in the big glassed in cage answer and give me the info I was looking for. As I said its a nice looking rig, but with the extra stresses and all I dunno. Has anyone any experience with the wheel spacers, 16" tires, no clutch mods, and dependability? The motor I don't worry about that much from all I have read if you add power automatically ya better do clutching. Like Heavysledz said the mods are a cause for concern. My darling thinks I should buy it, but I like use not issues, if you know what I mean. Oh and the 16"ers are a somewhat skinny tire, deep thread but not to wide.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
LOL! a big thanks to all my fellow Zonies, and all others also. A lot of good advice, opinions, and practical experience to be shared. After listening to all I think selecting and adding what I want will trump buying what someone else put together. Now the unit did give me some ideas, and other suggestion on here will get consideration also. Now I just have to select my dealer, color, and finish a project in the garage so I can get it in and move forward. One thing I gather is most figure the 14" wheels are about as big as you need to go, I will not be racing this unit, for practical use. But those 16"ers sure looked good. Are you guys with the clutch set ups installing yourselves or having it professionally done? I checked as closely as I could on the show room floor but could not see how to get to the belt to change one out if needed, I am guessing the dealer could show one that? Any of ya'll planning on going to the Desert Bloom rally in Quartsite in February?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thanks Sledz, You seem to have a lot of great experience on these machines, I for one do appreciate your input. I will check out your post to see what is involved. While not a top rated mechanic, I have swapped motors, rebuilt vehicles, and done a lot of maintenance on older vehicles, kinda gave up on the newer ones. having lived in the Northwest I know what those winters are like, hopefully you can make it down to Arizona during the winter months to get in some fun riding. When and where are are all of you Zonies riding?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts