Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
I actually bought mine from the same dealer, and that cage you saw laying on the ground is probably mine. I'm taking my unit back in today to have it installed. The cage is made by Precision Billet, who does phenomenal work. I haven't seen the unit you are talking about but in terms of the cage itself, remember you are taking off the stock one, so the weight difference isn't going to be huge. One other thing I'd tell you - DO NOT pay list price. If you look on their website, you can see on their sold units what people actually paid (which is typically $3-5k less than "list" price). When I bought my base unit, I gave Gentry (parts guy who handles their builds) a list of what i wanted. He gave me the list back wtih full retail prices, but was also quick to say that they'd bundle it up for me. I can't remember the exact details but think I ended up $4-5k less than list price all up. I did NOT do the clutch (yet) - will see how it runs without it first. I also don't do anything super hardcore, so any performance difference will probably be minimal for me.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts