Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
thats a lot of added weight for a stock clutch setup.....it will not very strong if it hasn't been re-clutched....

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
the clutch is a 750-1400 fix

but u also have a 1 year warranty on the clutch so u have time to save or buy that, lol
funny you say that but if we installed all of that stuff on our Maverick and then blew belts or had clutch issues, they wouldn't have any trouble pointing the finger at the mods.....

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
So based on what you said the sales guy said in passing...makes me think they just threw a bunch of BLING at this thing and really have no idea if it rides, handles, or even performs well with all of the stuff they installed. They simply did it to draw the attention and try to gain a sale.....that to me, would be a big red flag. For the difference in cost of a MAX XRS/DPS and this unit, you could probably take it to a custom shop like desertdog did or many others have done and have them do all of the customization for you as they would have a lot more experience and knowledge of what works and what doesn't. I wouldn't rely on a dealer who simply bolted on a bunch of goodies and has no idea if it can even get out of it's own way.....plus you would have the opportunity to be involved with the customization and the overall experience......just my $.02

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I think he meant if you only replace the primary.....

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
ya sorry just primary 750-850 I think cv tech qsc/ 950-stm ?

then after the first of the year team clutches are releasing a clutch for 499 plus weights and springs so around 699 people are saying then u need the 550 stm primary if u want full potential
he meant secondary...

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
If you are even half way mechanically inclined you can change out your own clutches. The aftermarket clutches are easy to install. You will just need to ensure you have a OEM Primary clutch puller to get the stock primary off......The belt is buried under the interior center console panel in the drivers side......I posted the CVT section of the manual on here. Go take a look at what's involved....

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Thanks Sledz, You seem to have a lot of great experience on these machines, I for one do appreciate your input. I will check out your post to see what is involved. While not a top rated mechanic, I have swapped motors, rebuilt vehicles, and done a lot of maintenance on older vehicles, kinda gave up on the newer ones. having lived in the Northwest I know what those winters are like, hopefully you can make it down to Arizona during the winter months to get in some fun riding. When and where are are all of you Zonies riding?
Thanks man...just try to help were I can as do others. Sounds like you have more than enough skills to knock this out yourself. Don't be afraid to ask questions...that's why we are all here......I am from Idaho, so I haven't had the opportunity to hook up with any of you wild desert dwellers down there.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts