Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So did we all figure out who's got the best setup going for us now!!! I'm sick of my shitty clutch that canam gave us and am ready for the next clutch journey, who's ready to go...

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I have no experience with the STM, or the QSC. I do have an AIRDAM CVTech that I got dialed in with the stock secondary. No real preformance gains, but reliable. I am going to get an STM secondary and tune my CVTech to it. I should see some gains, but not sure how much. From whats been posted I would say the QSC seems to be the best bang for the buck at this time. I have been told there other clutch options in the works. We'll see what comes out in the next few months.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Are we talkin STM and qsc combo orrrrr
A complete STM setup is $$$. The QSC with an STM secondary seems to be a really good setup. I'm hoping the CVTech and STM secondary will be comparable.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
good - cvtech

better qsc/stm

best - full stm

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
qsc/stm here, just not in yet.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm just sick of the one minute I pin the throttle and see rpms at 7800 then literally a minute later pin the throttle and see 7300. So I want a consistent clutch.....that's not to much to ask for is it...lol

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I'm just sick of the one minute I pin the throttle and see rpms at 7800 then literally a minute later pin the throttle and see 7300. So I want a consistent clutch.....that's not to much to ask for is it...lol
can-am thinks so , lol

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Are we talkin STM and qsc combo orrrrr
It sounds to me like the whole purpose of the S TM secondary is to give you better back shifting. I personally don't want to marry this damn maverick, I just want its milk. So I won't be spending the $600 on the secondary. The stock one works good enough for me. I just want a great machine for a few years, and then I'll move on. The only problem I saw with the stock cvt was the 2 peice design. So that's all I changed. If I knew that Can Am would always be at the top, then I'd buy the full STM setup, and then just transfer it to the next one. But I think better sxs's are on the way. So I don't want to spend $15,000 extra on the Maverick, and then lose it when I sell it like I did on my Rhino :banghead::banghead::banghead: Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome kris, my penny's are now being saved for a clutch, ill hit ya up in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I'm running the QSC/STM setup from Kris and Im really happy with it.
That's good to hear. did you notice any performance improvement?

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
That's good to hear. did you notice any performance improvement?
Good question.
This weekend we went to a park that had a drag strip 300ft long. My machine is on 30" tires and is about 150 pounds heavier than stock. It runs almost the exact same speed up to 45 mph as a bone stock maverick. I did notice though a couple times that I would start edging away the faster we went but I believe that's due to the secondary spring issue where the rpms fall out of the power. I feel pretty good about it.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's awesome AReed. I can't beleive that in the other 5 canams I had I never noticed any clutch issues. I had 07, 09,10 outlander 800xt then a 12 outlander xt 1000 and I had a 1000 comander and none of them did this clutch rpm drop like my mav, wtf

1 - 20 of 211 Posts