Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before I bounce in and look for prices. I ride trails, rock piles, dessert and a lot of slippery area, creek beds, pouring down rain muddy trails, very little dunes.

im thinking of a little bigger tire and rim ( to get rid of that scrapping mainly in the back wheels and maybe gain an inch in height. yet I don't want to use spacers or lift kit, cant be much wider only have about 2 inches in width to play with on my trailer. bolt on and go, no rubbing in sharp corners.

28x10x14 all 4 corners with some flat black rim with a beadlocker, yet to be decided ( they do get scrapped up in some of the trails I ride so im not looking for bling, just a nice set that looks good and wont break the bank especially since they will get scrapped up from day 1. I was thinking rocktanes but heard the mud is a issue as is high speed rides on pavement. now I don't go mudding, but I do get into some sloppy wet muddy even deeper mud in the trails and coming down a mountain that is steep I MUST have good traction first and foremost.
a couple considering is ITP Blackwater Evolution Radial ATV Tire 28x10-14 all 4 corners, not sure what rims/bead yet
or STI Roctane XS Radial ATV Tire or listening to a better suggestion before I pull the trigger. again traction is #1 to me above all else.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Itp black water or Bajacross are excellent all around tires.

Pair them with the STI beadlock which is tough seals well and is penny's compared to other beadlocks out there.

I run 28x10x14 all around Bajacross but on regular wheels this is second set of Bajacross I have had and I really think they perform very well. I ride all the same conditions as you do.

Reactions: bulldogs101

·
Registered
178 Posts
Anyone have experience with grim reapers my brother just bought a 14' rincon and has 28x11's and they are doing great and are really surprising on lots of things.

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
I like the Roctanes but heavily considered the Blackwaters for racing. Price was the only thing that held me back. My must was it had to be a 8 ply tire to deal with the rocks. The Blackwaters and Roctanes are both 8 ply. Baja Cross and Big Horns are both 6 ply so take that into consideration. I'll running GBCs now and I'm really happy with them but they don't make the dirt commanders in the 28 flavor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts