1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ams oil or royal purple

·
Registered
16 Posts
Amsoil 0w 40 4 stroke synthetic in the motor, severe gear 75w 140 in the gearcase, Valvoline synpower 75w 90 in the diffs.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I just had it in my head that for the 'almighty holy' 10 hour service I would use BRP oils so I went to the dealer and pulled their stuff off the shelf and along with the oil filter my bill was around $80. Next time it will be either Amsoil or Mobile 1 equivalent oils which should cut the price at least in half. Like Glamisfan said above, the equivalent oil requirements are listed in the manual. Write down the information and go read some labels. It's all pretty basic and you won't have any trouble finding the correct oil. I still haven't heard of any oil filters that work other than the BRP unless you install an adapter manifold that allows you to use a solid canister style filter.

·
Registered
132 Posts
What about the K&N oil filter? KN-152? I used it on my commander and it worked. Just bought one for my 10hr I am doing next week. Hope it works.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
What about the K&N oil filter? KN-152? I used it on my commander and it worked. Just bought one for my 10hr I am doing next week. Hope it works.
Let us know if it works. I'll use it next time.

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
Amsoil 0w 40 4 stroke synthetic in the motor, severe gear 75w 140 in the gearcase, Valvoline synpower 75w 90 in the diffs.
This is what ill run in mine with the exception of ill be running the 75w140 in the rear diff as well.

Also Joe Gibbs racing makes a pretty good oil that we may run and have tested to see if it hangs with the amsoil.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I went with stock BRP oil in the motor and Valvoline full synthetic in the diffs and gearbox at their recommended weights.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi-flo HF152 filter. been running them on my bros Gade for a couple years and running them in the mav now. you can get em on ebay.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Did that KN-152 work for you?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts