Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I really like amsoil and have ran it in most my race cars...
I cant remember what I ran in my old canam 800.

amsoils web site says to run 0w 40??? if you atv calls for 5w 40 which is the maverick all seasons oil.
whats there summer blend weight?

My problem is that I stay either under water or in deep thick mud.

what should i run in my new maverick?

Im in south Mississippi also....

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Ya 5-40 summer

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Sorry yes 0-40 is good !!

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Yes...I agree With Benzo.. Take the 0-40 on the Amsoil Side of Things.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I will be completely amsoil in about 3 more hours....When I hit the 10 hr service mark. Amsoil made huge points with me years ago growing up in Tucson, then college in Phoenix, we used to go to this place called Sycamore Creek, we ran our trucks hard.. I MEAN HARD in 112 degree heat for hours and hours, harsh climbing and deep sand, high revving, and still would get 10,000 miles on this oil with having it analyzed as your supposed to with Amsoil. It is great stuff...SOLD on it...their differential oils are just as great!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm at 10.5 hrs right now. So it's def time. I'm not going to spend a lot of money for some high priced oil from dealer and not know if its just as good or better than amsoil. It's actually cheaper than brp oil. Lol

I was def sold on amsoil along time ago too

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I'm at 10.5 hrs right now. So it's def time. I'm not going to spend a lot of money for some high priced oil from dealer and not know if its just as good or better than amsoil. It's actually cheaper than brp oil. Lol

I was def sold on amsoil along time ago too
Its well proven, and not a fly by night operation. I have almost anxiety waiting to hit my 10 hrs... you are lucky you are there.. I would have made it to 10 hrs if there wasn't so much yard work to do. Ran out to the Juniper dunes here locally but wasn't able to get out there until almost 4:00 pm last night. We ran as long as we could, but when the temperature dropped to 30 and it started to rain, we were out of there..LOL

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
First ride for me was cold too getting into the 30s here is rare.....
The maverick wasn't made to putt around going slow ;). So wife was look at me with them eyes :) "I'm cold".

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I have seen those eyes...LOL:popped out:

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Not another oil thread.........:serious:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know these oil threads have been beat to death. I've done a bit of research on oils. I just didn't know if this new 1000r was alot different than the reg 1000

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts