Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone install an oil temp gauge on their maverick? Looking to see how it's done. And pics or info would be appreciated

And a water temp set up aswell

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Heres a decent write up.
Gauge install tutorial - Can-Am Commander Forum

I would suggest doing a mechanical oil presure gauge though. I had an electric gauge, but the sending unit is a little on the large side, and the brass fittings to the engine case broke on me twice (too much weight bouncing around). I put in a mechanical in, since it only has the small capilary tube going into the case. No more problem.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
2013 Mav3.jpg
I'm affaid I won't be very much help since I did this over a year ago, but here's a pic of my center console. I installed a center console for a radio/gps unit & intalled the gauges were the GPS would mount. Mr RPM has a spin on oil filter adapter that has a extra port you can install the oil temp sender. I went a different route w/my oil temp sender, it is actually in the oil port in the block between the two cylinders. Good luck trying to find a sender that fits thou - It took me a few attempts a some light mod work to get it right. For the water temp there is a plug on each head you an use, there have been a few posts on this - I just use my stock water temp gauge.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
View attachment 9654
I'm affaid I won't be very much help since I did this over a year ago, but here's a pic of my center console. I installed a center console for a radio/gps unit & intalled the gauges were the GPS would mount. Mr RPM has a spin on oil filter adapter that has a extra port you can install the oil temp sender. I went a different route w/my oil temp sender, it is actually in the oil port in the block between the two cylinders. Good luck trying to find a sender that fits thou - It took me a few attempts a some light mod work to get it right. For the water temp there is a plug on each head you an use, there have been a few posts on this - I just use my stock water temp gauge.
That looks badass! Thanks for posting, I forgot I need a light whip in two weeks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts