Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one know if the Maverick has a Oil Psi. Low Warning Light/Message ??

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
There is a oil light i thought.

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
292 Posts
Mine says low oil warning when I crank it then goes out. Did the same thing on my commander.

Reactions: sTa

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Mine says low oil warning when I crank it then goes out. Did the same thing on my commander.
There is two types of warnings. One is a low LEVEL warning, which will warn you of a low level, but will usually disappear after starting. The other is a low pressure warning, which is grounds for an immediate engine shut down, don't push your luck! Pressure warnings, don't mess with, shut it down and figure out what is going on!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok Thanks...
I was getting worried... My engine started sounding like it was hammering pretty good...
I do put 93-Octaine I know that... Maybe bad gas??
It still sounds like that in neutral starts around 4300 then continues well into 5500 RPM... Normal ???
It only has 53-miles on it...

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
yup all have a funny vibration rattle thru that same rpm range , this motor will shut down b4 it blows oil wise

·
Registered
292 Posts
Mine makes all kinds of sounds. I m waiting for my exhaust so then I want have to hear it anymore. Lol

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is why i went for the race headsets and intercom. Rage against the machine drowns out alot. :big smile:
That's fukin awesome !!!! I listened to Iron Maiden's Aces high twice & The Trooper once on the way to the ride....
took me an hour to get my heart rate back to normal...

Has anyone tried octane boost to try to changes in the sound of the motor ??? It almost sounds like its a detonation....

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
The only other thing you should be aware of, is high compression engines...no matter what they are in..do not like ethanol, so with that being said, if the fuel station you are using has high ethanol, 10 percent or more, you should change to a quality fuel that does not, also with a minimum rating of 91 if you want your machine to really love you! Fuel stations are required to post if and how much ethanol if they are using it! We have a few advertised Ethanol Free Stations serving ethanol free fuel here....Things run WAY better on this type of fuel!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Mine seems happyest on VP110 starts easyer runs a bit cooler has a tad bit better throttle responce and smells good to lol. only one down fall is that that Cat might not last very long due to the small amout of led in the fuel. oh well im working on a solution to elimiate that cat problem lol:smile:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Mine seems happyest on VP110 starts easyer runs a bit cooler has a tad bit better throttle responce and smells good to lol. only one down fall is that that Cat might not last very long due to the small amout of led in the fuel. oh well im working on a solution to elimiate that cat problem lol:smile:
also it will mess up the O2 sensors.

·
Registered
884 Posts
So it is normal for the low oil message to come on on cold starts? Mime had been sitting for a couple weeks and when I started it the engine light was on for about 2-3 seconds and a low oil message as well. Never came on again though. Is this normal?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
There is no "low oil level" warning, since these motors don't have a level sensor.
There is however a "low oil pressure" warning, since there is an oil pressure sensor.
The quads will say "low oil", (I think these are the same) and people mistake that for low oil level, when it actually means low oil pressure.

·
Registered
458 Posts
But the question still remains, is it a normal occurance to happen on cold starts?
mine does the same thing, just for split second then its gone. I dont worry about it, if it has low pressure the message will remain on.

Reactions: corbin340

·
Registered
668 Posts
Mine does this as well .

·
Registered
272 Posts
What weight oil are y'all running?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts