Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got it installed today works great. I like the idea of keeping watch on oil pressure.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
looks nice!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
yes, I am running it....it saved me a few times from overheating my belt....

IMG_0273.jpg IMG_0276.jpg

Reactions: FJAY40

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
you bet.....glad you got it all done and it looks great. if i had thought about it a bit longer, i would have put my temp gauge on the left like you did instead of the oil pressure.....The bulbs burn out fast and they are hard to find now but I found some sweet LED replacements that you can get that are a direct fit. You can even get them in different colors...Just search for "BA9 LED" on eBay.Here are the ones I got....

10 T11 1895 T4W 363 BA9S White 3528 SMD 4 LED Car Side Wedge Light Bulb Lamp 12V | eBay

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Cool, Thanks for the tip. I'll look into those bulbs...
You bet....very cheap and a great alternative to a standard incandescent bulb.....

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
One of the heads has the water temp sending unit in it and the other has a plug. Use this location for the water temp. Down in the valley in the top of the crankcase dead center between both cylinders is a small plug. You can tap into that or get a MrRPM oil filter adapter with the extra port in it.

Reactions: PLAY-DOH

·
Registered
107 Posts
It's the front head with the plug for water temp can't miss it look from passenger side and the port is a pita to get at but I got it from the drivers side

·
Registered
185 Posts
ok so I know which gauges I want but my oil pressure gauge is a mech one. I see a lot of guys on here getting the elec. one. is there any advantage of one over the other. pros and cons.

·
Registered
185 Posts
so after digging around it looks like your guys gauges are all mach and most gauges are not water resistant. how are you guys keeping the elements off the gauges

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
so after digging around it looks like your guys gauges are all mach and most gauges are not water resistant. how are you guys keeping the elements off the gauges
I don't ride in deep water so there has been no issues with getting them wet. I do pressure wash the maverick and on occasion, I will get a little fogging on the inside of the lenses but they dry out quickly from the engine heat.....so far it has been a non issue.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I don't ride in deep water so there has been no issues with getting them wet. I do pressure wash the maverick and on occasion, I will get a little fogging on the inside of the lenses but they dry out quickly from the engine heat.....so far it has been a non issue.
Same here....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts