Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Maverick X3 Max X RS Turbo RR
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a fluid leak just above the Rotax case (see photo below). It’s seems like a pretty minor leak but enough that I probably need to get it checked out at the dealer. My X3 MAX XRS RR has about 1200-1300 miles on it now and about 75 hours. The second picture shows it’s definitely oil. When I checked the oil prior to ride today it was sitting in between min and max on the stick so I added about ¼ quart. Please let me know if others have had oil leak at this location and how it turned out. I have a little over 3 months left on factory warranty and assume it would be covered. Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I noticed a fluid leak just above the Rotax case (see photo below). It’s seems like a pretty minor leak but enough that I probably need to get it checked out at the dealer. My X3 MAX XRS RR has about 1200-1300 miles on it now and about 75 hours. The second picture shows it’s definitely oil. When I checked the oil prior to ride today it was sitting in between min and max on the stick so I added about ¼ quart. Please let me know if others have had oil leak at this location and how it turned out. I have a little over 3 months left on factory warranty and assume it would be covered. Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For some reason my pics weren’t posting but looks like it’s working now. In this picture you can see oil residue where I circled. The arrow points to a fresh oil drip.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sure looks like the place where the coolant impeller seal weep hole is. I doubt its oil.
That was my initial thought as well but there is definitely oil there. I tried to show it in the picture, on my finger, but it’s difficult to see in the photo.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ass ummed the coolant was green, didn’t consider it might be orange. I’ll dig into it and report back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts