Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2016 Maverick 1000R. Machine is mint with under 4000k. Only issue is oil in coolant. Two hrs on it since last dealer service. Overflow was full of clean oil. Oil on top of coolant in system. Hoping dealer topped up coolant with oil.
Bought it from a close friend who says it has never been overheated. Says he will look after it if its serious. Runs great. Drained the coolant and almost no oil except what shows up under cap. Anyone ever have an oil cooler fail? No coolant in oil though. And coolant in system looks fine. Thoughts.
I think I will go with a winch and power steering in near future if I get it fixed. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Just bought a 2016 Maverick 1000R. Machine is mint with under 4000k. Only issue is oil in coolant. Two hrs on it since last dealer service. Overflow was full of clean oil. Oil on top of coolant in system. Hoping dealer topped up coolant with oil.
Bought it from a close friend who says it has never been overheated. Says he will look after it if its serious. Runs great. Drained the coolant and almost no oil except what shows up under cap. Anyone ever have an oil cooler fail? No coolant in oil though. And coolant in system looks fine. Thoughts.
I think I will go with a winch and power steering in near future if I get it fixed. Any suggestions?
Could be blown head gasket

·
Registered
352 Posts
This is a strange finding. Could it be a cooling substitute like Evans Waterless? Got any pictures? Are you certain it’s engine oil?
Hopefully some idiot added oil into the reservoir thinking it was the oil fill?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is a strange finding. Could it be a cooling substitute like Evans Waterless? Got any pictures? Are you certain it’s engine oil?
Hopefully some idiot added oil into the reservoir thinking it was the oil fill?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Definitely engine oil. Drained the coolant and was pristine green .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts