Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did my first oil change today...and what a friggin' mess!! :furious:

I feel like I took a shotgun and shot 30 holes in the bottom of my maverick and let the oil drain out. I have seen the oil filter adapter by mrrpm but thats about it. Does it make it much less of a mess?

What are some tricks you guys are doing for a quick clean oil change?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I don't have pictures but what I found works is to remove the skid plate and then use Saran wrap and kind of make a skirt around the oil filter housing. And kind of use it to direct the oil away from the engine and frame. You will still spill a little unless you are lucky but it is a lot cleaner than just letting it pour everywhere. Same goes for the drain plug.....Oh, and do this when the oil is cold or luke warm....The MrRPM adapter will make it a lot less messy but you will still get some oil run down the side when you pull the filter off....

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
pull drain plug and let it drain, then reinstall plug, next jack up passenger side of unit and pull the oil filter bolts and cover. replace filter,clean out filter area, install cover and bolts, then lower machine and pull drian plug on last time. Then reinstall plug and fill her up with 2.3 quarts.

or just buy the MR Rpm adapter and make life easier.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I went and checked out the mrrpm oil filter adaptor its pretty slick will it fit under the plastic housing with no issues?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I went and checked out the mrrpm oil filter adaptor its pretty slick will it fit under the plastic housing with no issues?
on the 2 seater yes…….it will not fir on a MAX and would require a relocation kit.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
it is great, but wont work on a max. it is very close to the plastics on the limited, just misses rubbing but works fine. so im sure the same is true on 2 seat mav.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Ok cool ill get it this spring

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I use the pig funnel and it works well of me. I got the long one.
I only got it to make the filter change cleaner. Where are you sticking it? I tried to get it in between the filter housing and water pump, but it didn't happen. Not enough room.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts