Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's made their own catch can? I think I found all the parts on Amazon to mimic the Whalen Speed version using a stainless can instead of plastic and still using AN12 fittings. Looking for mounting ideas for the can and what you used to plug the hole in the intake. I thought about the daystar shock res mounts for the can itself. Looks like I'm saving myself about $75 doing it myslef but am looking for ideas before I pull the trigger on the parts. Thanks!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Who's made their own catch can? I think I found all the parts on Amazon to mimic the Whalen Speed version using a stainless can instead of plastic and still using AN12 fittings. Looking for mounting ideas for the can and what you used to plug the hole in the intake. I thought about the daystar shock res mounts for the can itself. Looks like I'm saving myself about $75 doing it myslef but am looking for ideas before I pull the trigger on the parts. Thanks!
GTS, there have been many posts about this.
I had the seperater (available at Harbor Freight, $29) and fittings, bought 1ft of hose less then $3 total.

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Save your money and time and just vent it with a hose down past skid plate and be done.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
328 Posts
Save your money and time and just vent it with a hose down past skid plate and be done.

Is this line coming from the engine case or is it in part of the intake tract that would have been metered by the maf? If it's just from the case I'll happily figure out something there but it's going to be caked in dit and oil in no time. Problem is if there is any amount of vacuum on that hose it'll suck up dirt and oil.

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Crank case vent it to atmosphere why spend a bunch of money and time on a can.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
If you run E85 I would opt for a can instead of dumping out the bottom of your car. My can fills up fast if I don't dump it after every hard run in the dunes. I wouldn't want all that fluid dumping out below my car.

2018.5 X3 Max XRS // Grove Fabworks, Aftermarket Assassins, Dynojet, CT front end, CA Tech, UMP, HSP, Rugged, Sandcraft, Running Whalen Speed 205

·
Premium Member
2018.5 Can Am Maverick X3 XRS
81 Posts
I don’t understand why you would need that device? Can someone please explain it real quick?? Thx

·
Registered
282 Posts
Made my own from Amazon parts and made a mount as well. Tucked it up away from everything venting to the atmosphere. Not sure of the total cost but less than 40 bucks for sure. Works well and is collecting a lot of undesirable stuff that would end up in the intake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Made my own from Amazon parts and made a mount as well. Tucked it up away from everything venting to the atmosphere. Not sure of the total cost but less than 40 bucks for sure. Works well and is collecting a lot of undesirable stuff that would end up in the intake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any reason why you went with the vented filter and block off instead of sealed looping back to the crank case? you could of went either way right? just wondering the decision making process im about to do same setup

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Any reason why you went with the vented filter and block off instead of sealed looping back to the crank case? you could of went either way right? just wondering the decision making process im about to do same setup
I wouldn't want that crap back in the crankcase

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
the crap is being caught in the catch can, your just looping it sealed back to the crank as if it was stock setup but with catch can. (guessing of course that's why im asking)
The air/vapor still has un-condensed material, I'd rather keep it out of the system.
It would help keep you oil cleaner too.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts