Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know what the oil capacity of the Maverick engine is?
Just wondering if it will need an external oil cooler for duning?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Should be virtually identical to the commander. Should not need a cooler. Just run a larger radiator if you want, it will cool the oil. We don't use one and run full throttle for 10 to 20 hours on end! Never had an issue with thousands of miles.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should be virtually identical to the commander. Should not need a cooler. Just run a larger radiator if you want, it will cool the oil. We don't use one and run full throttle for 10 to 20 hours on end! Never had an issue with thousands of miles.
So what is the Commanders oil capacity?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I found this for you on another forum. "Book says 2.3 qt. Just changed mine, put 2 qt. in and it was in the safe range. I'm using amsoil 0/40. Power sport oil."

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found this for you on another forum. "Book says 2.3 qt. Just changed mine, put 2 qt. in and it was in the safe range. I'm using amsoil 0/40. Power sport oil."
Just 2.3 qt's, Thats exactly why I was thinking about adding the remote oil filter kit & and oil cooler.
If for no other reason than to increase capacity. Yeah I run Amsoil also, GOOD STUFF.
I am going to Lake elsinore on sat to the test drive. :)

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Something came up so Looks like I cant make it. Oh well I will get to drive it at the dealership

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Today I saw an external oil cooler kit that utilized the Mr RPM adapter. The adapter had 3 threaded ports for in&out oil lines and oil temp. Must admit pretty slick set up for adding oil capacity and keeping oil temps down.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Has anyone used the MrRPM oil filter adapter in an oil cooler kit?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Not yet, but I've read a lot of post from people that do, and they always love it. No more mess when changing your oil. And if you run a cooler, all those benefits too!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not yet, but I've read a lot of post from people that do, and they always love it. No more mess when changing your oil. And if you run a cooler, all those benefits too!
Yeah I love the idea of more cooler oil and increased capacity. Nothing kills an engine quicker than bad or low oil.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have the spin on adapter and love it. not much in capacity diff, but i dont have the external oil cooler. deff easer to change the oil . and a bigger filtering surface to boot

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have the spin on adapter and love it. not much in capacity diff, but i dont have the external oil cooler. deff easer to change the oil . and a bigger filtering surface to boot
Do you have any issues with the filter rubbing on the plastics?
Seems like it would be a tight fit.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1 - 17 of 17 Posts