Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody aware of a billet (ar anything else...) replacement for the rubber grippy oh shit handles? Short of cutting them, mine arent coming off....almost like they were put on with gorilla glue! :-/

·
Registered
664 Posts
The way to get them off is to pull up from the bottom. That allows a little air to get in there and they release and come right off.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Take the bolt out, lol.

Reactions: Snapper692 and sTa

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
u talking about the 1 handle the the center of the dash by gear shifter ?

ya theres 1 screw and pull up from bottom

u have 2 oh chit handles ?

·
Registered
548 Posts
It comes off real dry the first time. Keep working at it from the bottom and you will eventually get it. I smeared a dab of dielectric grease in the rubber handle when I put it back on. There is probably better stuff to use but I had a tube sitting on my floorboard so I used it. Makes putting it back on and future removal a lot easier. Doesn't move around after you tighten the screw back down.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2 in the rear, 1 in the front.....even with the screw out, they're not budging. Even tried rolling them off like a jimmy hat! :) Ill have to try again with a few more beers, and a tad more patience!

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
ah didn't know u had a max lol

Reactions: Snapper692

·
Registered
668 Posts
Just take few shot patron then go tug , it gives u super human strength. Well it sure feels like it does.

·
Registered
548 Posts
If you can get the bottom loosened up, fire some compressed air in there... it'll help pop it free and might make it easier to remove. Kinda like grips on a golf club.

Reactions: 13MAVXRS

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmm, yall could be on to something.....gonna try that. If that doesnt work, theyre getting replaced with athletic tape! lol

·
Registered
727 Posts
I was really pissed at mine but after a lot of frustration I finally got it off. Don't give up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts