Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I look back at my very 1st post here in member introduction. Don't know why, I guess I was bored. 1st page at the bottom of the warm welcome I get was this link:

Report any 2014 XP-1000 problems here - Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net

I was SERIOUSLY considering purchasing the XP1K and nothing was going to change my mind! I was a diehard RZR fan before I even owned one. I took ALOT of time and read through various issues that Polaris was having with their rides. The morality of the story being, I will NEVER purchase a Polaris so long as there is other SxS's available to buy.

If you have the sniper patients I do, you will read through and learn a lesson. One being it's not small shit. Most of the problems buyers are running into are serious mechanical issues! I read post from page 1 to end to really let it sink deep in my mind. Mind you, I am really disappointed in Polaris and I don't even own one.

I don't mean to disrespect an American owned and operated co. But they need to pull their heads out of their 6 point of contacts. If anything put their sled engines in because obviously the mechanical, issues they are having are very serious, and still costing their customers some serious dough... I would be one pissed off customer if I purchased a XP1K and had the engine blow up after a few hrs...

I feel bad for those who made the mistake of buying one!

In closing I have two things to say:

1. Thank you GOD for sending me to the Can Am forums to take a look see at what some of the members here had to say!

2. Thanks to the rest of you who took the time to fill the young buck in with your wisdom and experiences!

God bless you all! And God bless Can Am!

Much respect,
RiP

·
Registered
70 Posts
I too had convinced my self the XP1 was the bomb, I had been researching for quite some time. It all came to a head when I stopped and looked at one very closely. The people on this forum are correct. The fit, the finish and the reliability just aren't there. I have built several cars, and have been in tool and Die or machining all of my life. I promise, both the Mav and XP1 were under a fine microscope. They are not even in the same ball park. Is there stuff that I don't think Can Am did well. Sure, but its all bolt on stuff, and for the most part cheap. Kudos to Can Am for a great machine, I love mine. Kudos to the 2 guys at the dealer ship that were there to get a Can Am after having sold the RZR's.

I am not biased or brand specific, if I were to guess, I have owned more Kawi's than anything, just had great luck with them. I have owned them all, even a old polaris 400 Scrambler, its still one of my favorites. (I truly believe skimming was invented on these)

I agree with Ripper, thank you all, for all the wisdom on this site that helped me make the right choice!!!!

Reactions: Ripper

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Its good to see some converts being honest with the facts between the two brands. Once a person is out from under the influence of Poolaris, they can clearly see the truth. Just like in the Indiana Jones movie, when all the young kids were enslaved to work in the underground mine but when they were flashed with fire they woke up to know the truth.They were now free!!!! And so it is for you 2 guys, you have been freed from the Poolaris curse of believing its a superior machine. Its too bad so many people get duped into believing a slick and clever marketing scheme. Then its easier to just follow the pack of people because they ALL cant be wrong. Well, yes they can and are in fact wrong!!!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Thanks for the candid feedback fella's. Hopefully others will see the input from you guys and realize, it isn't all lip service. We ready do beleive Can Am makes the better product at this time and is why we chose it.....

·
Registered
502 Posts
Good post Ripper. I wish I had your patients sometimes when buying stuff. I have impulse bought more than once but this time I went out to the mud whole that everybody rides at(on my banshee) n looked around all weekend to see what/who broke down. By the second day the only buggy not broke at some point was a guy n his son in their maverick. Not only that but they were rubbing it in Everytime they would enter that big ole nasty mud whole n come out on the other side on it own with nobody towing it. They put that maverick through twice as much crap as my poo poo friends n Never broke down, needless to say I looked at my wife n said there's our new bike. Now the same "friends" call it a Can't Am but last time we rode I barley drove my own buggy, I couldn't get them out of it. There wife's Love our seats,and they love our power. I think it's like those exspensive jeans it's more of a fad for them. Who has the newest poo poo. It's more about keeping up with the jones than it is reliability. My bother in law n I bought at the same time his Ranger is gorgeous but the engine is blow, toast, cashed... So now he has to but a 3200 crate motor in there. N they call mine a can't am...here's a pic of his lawn ornament image.jpg

·
Registered
998 Posts
I took my maverick to the shop for some service and recall work and I had a buddy with me that wasn't even into riding or sxs's but we stopped and looked over every brand of sxs made .. I myself was curios how all the 4 seaters compared so we looked at can am's first and of course their 4 seater was extremely nice and well built .. Then we went to the arctic cat and Polaris dealer where we looked at a xp1k and wildcats and the xp really let me down .. First thing I noticed was the little sway bar and sway bar links in the rear and then the glovebox and the overall feel of the vehicle while setting in it just felt cheap to me .. Then I looked at a wc4 and I was so disappointed that I could barely get in the back seats of that thing .. Of all 4 seaters made the can am has the most room in the back and of course by the end of the day my buddy said the can am's was most appealing and better built machines out of the ones we looked at and I definitely agree after looking at all the offering from other manufactures

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Agreed....end result is just more available choices and ultimately, better products on the market for the consumer.....I would really like to see Polaris step up and start building a better quality product. It would be great to have more "real" options to choose from.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts

·
Registered
9,348 Posts
So Benzo you like Polaris? LOL!

Ripper - I would not call the XP1000 a POS. It certainly has some issues, but in the grand scheme of things most of the issue are likely not much more than any of the other brands. Good news for the Polaris folks is the 2015 XP1000 will have upgrades for the issues, that they will not offer to the 2014 owners. R&D on the fly!

Reactions: Ripper and Benzo

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
So Benzo you like Polaris? LOL!

Ripper - I would not call the XP1000 a POS. It certainly has some issues, but in the grand scheme of things most of the issue are likely not much more than any of the other brands. Good news for the Polaris folks is the 2015 XP1000 will have upgrades for the issues, that they will not offer to the 2014 owners. R&D on the fly!
I would have to disagree with you on this comment. I think blown motors, broken crankcases, bent shocks, torn A-arms to name just a few from the laundry list are quite a few more major issues than the "other brands". It appears Polaris rushed this to market to compete with Can AM and Arctic cat and the release was far from overwelming….

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
1380735781.jpg

I would have to disagree with you on this comment. I think blown motors, broken crankcases, bent shocks, torn A-arms to name just a few from the laundry list are quite a few more major issues than the "other brands". It appears Polaris rushed this to market to compete with Can AM and Arctic cat and the release was far from overwelming….
also there clutches are blowing up now bearing are going out nuts are backing off

and

the same shitty weak reverse chain is used on the xp1 that the xp900 were all breaking , so Polaris limited power to 50% in reverse and there has been 3 break already !

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
A friend of mine is going to try and buy a xp1000 tonight. I hope he gets it so I'll finally have a wingman! It'll be fun to compare the two.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
4,536 Posts

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
there china made shocks not even wers or who ever I guess?? wonder whats really going on

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I agree, they rushed it badly to market, got caught where they never thought they would. its been how to catch up ever since for popo, not how to be ahead or better. label it 107 hp and put a guy on it to ride and stunt it on a video ( which by the way his video was great) but that machine was massively modded, and promote hell out of it, rely on popo loyalty and those who have there hand in popo's pockets to sell it. we can fix crap later. they wont have it worked out by 15 as they don't know how with this much wrong, better yes, but not worked all out. however the bigger problem for popo will again be the need to catch up, wont have time to focus on fixing the issues because by then canam will be back on top of hp game and more neat things.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts