Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Same thing is happening in Coconino. Campsites are closing. I’m not sure I see the logic in this. Why close camping sites in the forest when it’s easy to practice social distancing and it’s in the open air? Can someone please explain how camping ink the mountains adds to the spread of the virus?????

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same thing is happening in Coconino. Campsites are closing. I’m not sure I see the logic in this. Why close camping sites in the forest when it’s easy to practice social distancing and it’s in the open air? Can someone please explain how camping ink the mountains adds to the spread of the virus?????
Looks to be more fire related and not Covid-19, reading the linked post.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
The latest forest order, dated 6/27, has a list of campsites that are closed due to Covid. It’s extensive to say the least. All of the desirable sites south of Flagstaff (Happy Jack, etc.) are all now closed UFN

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just came back from Page. Every camp site was full. Tried to rent a boat (Lake Powell) but the 1st boat available was sometimes in August.Same with Zion and Bryce National Parks in UTAH. In Zion they dont even let you drive the scenic road . They let in few cars in the morning (before 8am) and the rest after 6PM. Since the shuttle is not working there are not enough parking spots. Bryce was packed to the brim with hikers (again finding parking was hard).
Between closed camps on federal lands and closed native lands theres not much open or available. Lake powell camps were full but ppl were camping around the lake .

Attachments

·
Registered
727 Posts
Came back to my home turf in Payson yesterday from seasonal 2nd home in easternmost AZ's White Mtns against constant stream of campers and trucks towing dirt toys heading east. Did shopping run at local WM this morning, where parking lot was full of same. Unsure where everyone is going due to closures. Yes, significant fire danger risks and Covid too, with out of towners mostly not wearing masks. So much for social distancing...

·
Premium Member
6,837 Posts
Came back to my home turf in Payson yesterday from seasonal 2nd home in easternmost AZ's White Mtns against constant stream of campers and trucks towing dirt toys heading east. Did shopping run at local WM this morning, where parking lot was full of same. Unsure where everyone is going due to closures. Yes, significant fire danger risks and Covid too, with out of towners mostly not wearing masks. So much for social distancing...
The closure seems excessive for Covid but maybe not for fire danger.

The mask isn't doing much other than actual water droplets ( sneeze or cough) , basically just optics to make people feel better.
Tim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts