Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you Canadian based company for making people who live in the same country and supported you buy placing money down on pre orders wait for delivery while american dealers have non sold units comming in and sitting. Really how hard would it have been to send the pre orders up here to people who put money down in faith of a good product and service. Our MSRP is higher and we get our machines last? People can say its whining but the optics not good. Looks like your treating your own country as second class, Or is it a Quebec dont care about the rest of Canada thing?

·
Registered
112 Posts
We get the same thing in Darwin Australia from the the rest off the country, but things are slowly changing with the oil and gas boom that the Northern Territory is having. I've be told January as an arrival date for the maverick

·
Registered
791 Posts
Im pretty sure it has less to do with Country and more to do with region and climate. They can only make them so fast and they want to get them into the hands of dealers that can sell lots and get the owners riding right away to help advertise and create hype. I know there are a few pre sold in Canada but it is not our riding season and most that would be sold this time of year would sit in the garage till it warms up. Also I don't think the delivery time is any sooner if I cross just over the border south, I think you have to go way south to get one sooner.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im sure its about selling more to the masses for sure, the short answer is GREED. Why did we put deposits down the same time americans did? Like I said there are dealers in the southern US with units sitting now basically with people able to walk in and purchase meanwhile pre orders not being delivered. Can Am should have gotten the pre orders to people who put money down pure and simple. Sure they dont care they will sell lots of these. Its just simple math, its cheaper to deliver them to the areas closest from where they were assembled and get sales in the bag but a company with some class would of sent some trucks up north and I include the northern US as well for the first roll out. Everyone who pre ordered with there dealers should demand better customer service from Can Am. And lastly try to find an XRS that a dealer in Canada has been allocated that is not PRE SOLD...Im not a truck driver but how much longer of a drive is it? Its just nobody cares or put some thought into supporting the people who stepped up putting money down.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Well I for one would prefer to not take delivery of mine until closer to spring, I don't want my warranty wasting away while it is -20 out and my maverick sits in the garage. End of Feb will work just fine for me. Cheers.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Each to thier own and it hasnt been -20 here for a long time.. We ride alot here in the mountains all the way to -15 all the time... No mud :)

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still saying Febuary :( I hope they are wrong but thats what they were told by rep? It just ticks me off as there are unsold units sitting when others paid. Its just the principle. At least all the guys getting thiers are saying its better than expected. I will just have to enjoy the vids they hopefully post up! My dealer is the best they are very honest and dont BS I know as soon as it hits the yard I will be called.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I dont have mine either but hey, Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Juarez Mexico..just across the border from El Paso, Texas

·
Registered
168 Posts
Juarez Mexico..just across the border from El Paso, Texas

See it makes sence that it won't be in Canada for awhile.....now it's gotta cross two borders. Still I understand your frustration. At least it doesn't have to cross the Kalifornia border too, that place is a whole nother country with its own issues. I will only enter it as far as the dunes and even that is at the costs of forfeiting my civil liberties.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Taken from Wikapedia. Really still not feeling the love Can Am !

In October 2007, Bombardier ordered at least some U.S. ATV dealerships to stop selling vehicles to Canadian customers, as the sales were a violation of dealer agreements to respect assigned geographic boundaries. Bombardier also announced that the warranty on any craft purchased by a Canadian in the United States – even if the purchase was initially made by an American - would be void. Newspaper articles revealed that some models were being sold in Canada for as much as 40% above prices in the U.S.[5]

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sure alot of paid customers waiting while non sold units collecting dust, Just sayin. Thx Can Am.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts