Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 471 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard anything about changes coming to 2022 models or any rumors? Just curious when info usually pops up on them. Ill be super busy with work this summer so i am probably just going to wait until fall to buy mine and build it through out the winter. Thanks

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
they usually release something in June or August

·
Registered
12 Posts
Has anyone heard anything about changes coming to 2022 models or any rumors? Just curious when info usually pops up on them. Ill be super busy with work this summer so i am probably just going to wait until fall to buy mine and build it through out the winter. Thanks
The X3 platform isn't that old and it's not like the competitors have produced something that's blown it out of the water. Most likely iterative changes coming.

Every major change that's been "rumored" seems like a wish list item rather than something simmering on the factory line. Dual clutch transmissions and no belts for example.

It would be nice if CanAm strengthened up the front end of the X3. When I got my X3, every person I talked to about it recommended a gusset kit, shock tower brace, and A-arm strengthening so the front end didn't fold on me after a hard g out.

The weak front end is probably the biggest knock against the X3 platform.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,140 Posts
IMO, BRP / Can Am will stand pat until the Robby Gordon Speed car "finally" shows up, and owners actually are driving them. Then I could see BRP / Can Am stepping up. Right now even with the frame weaknesses, they are at the top of the pecking order, no reason to change.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is one thing i wish theyd update. I trail ride but hate hearing about the weak frame issues. I dont want to have to tear apart a brand new sxs and spend 8 hours doing gusset kit, shock bracing and bulkhead haha.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Weren't they testing the Dual Clutch set up last year?? I would dump my 21 right now for that set up

·
Registered
158 Posts
I agree with Dune Turtle on the weak front end. I have broken both lower A-Arms and both upper A-Arms and 4 front stabilizer bars and one front stabilizer bar link on my 2017 XDS. I have the front end gusset kit and shock brace from CT RaceWorx. I should have replaced the A-Arms also!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I think for 22 you will the color display from the ski doo, v2.0 smart shock, BNG, and more models with smart shocks.

·
Registered
2020 Can Am X3 X RC Turbo RR
14 Posts
I agree with Wirenutz on the color display. Aside from some new colors I bet they dont do much in 2022. Just little things.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
i swear if they bring out camo for the sport max i'm going to stab someone.. they did it to me back when we got our outlander. to get camo i either had to get a 570 or a 850.. i didn't want either.. i wanted the 650.. next model year.. boom camo

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Honestly guys I was kind of afraid to buy a covid ere machine too...i know it sounds crazy but who knows what went on with parts sourcing, qc, etc. figured its best to skip 21 model year all together.

·
Premium Member
14,140 Posts
Honestly guys I was kind of afraid to buy a covid ere machine too...i know it sounds crazy but who knows what went on with parts sourcing, qc, etc. figured its best to skip 21 model year all together.
So, you think '22 is going to be that much better?

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
IMO, BRP / Can Am will stand pat until the Robby Gordon Speed car "finally" shows up, and owners actually are driving them. Then I could see BRP / Can Am stepping up. Right now even with the frame weaknesses, they are at the top of the pecking order, no reason to change.
I don't think BRP is waiting for the Speed UTV. Rumor is Can Am has a new sport UTV that will be released along with a bump in hp for the RR model. I guess we will see this summer if they release something.

The Speed UTV has a ways to go. The have to actually produce cars and show they have the structure with parts being available. The frame looks stout, but the jury is out on the motor.

·
Premium Member
14,140 Posts
I don't think BRP is waiting for the Speed UTV. Rumor is Can Am has a new sport UTV that will be released along with a bump in hp for the RR model. I guess we will see this summer if they release something.

The Speed UTV has a ways to go. The have to actually produce cars and show they have the structure with parts being available. The frame looks stout, but the jury is out on the motor.
Maybe, I still think that they might have something up their sleeve if / when the Speed car comes out. Next couple of years should prove interesting, that's for sure!

Reactions: sand shark

·
Premium Member
14,140 Posts
I dont see Speed having the volume to eat into the X3s market share. Doubt they are too concerned.

You know, back in early '16, Polaris probably said the same thing about Can Am. Then what happened? You sit around on your laurels, and somebody will sneak up and pass you.

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
I dont see Speed having the volume to eat into the X3s market share. Doubt they are too concerned.

You know, back in early '16, Polaris probably said the same thing about Can Am. Then what happened? You sit around on your laurels, and somebody will sneak up and pass you.
Difference is BRP has the infrastructure and capital to mass produce a product. Polaris was dealing with fire issues and a first year turbo disaster. They got caught and eventually passed by the X3. All Speed has are CAD drawings, one prototype and lots of presentations. The all know what Speed is coming out with and what it has to offer.

Reactions: aaronedmonton

·
Premium Member
14,140 Posts
Difference is BRP has the infrastructure and capital to mass produce a product. Polaris was dealing with fire issues and a first year turbo disaster. They got caught and eventually passed by the X3. All Speed has are CAD drawings, one prototype and lots of presentations. The all know what Speed is coming out with and what it has to offer.
Oh, without a doubt. But here's the thing, if you or anybody were in line to get a new car in say a year, and both Can Am and Polaris have their newest cars at say 220 hp, and $35K, and the Speed car is "finally out", LOL! and it's got 300hp at $38,500. Are you saying you wouldn't take a very hard look, especially with the way their shows have been, and how it will be built? It's just another option. Could be a pipe dream, and Speed could fold in 2 years, who knows?

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
Oh, without a doubt. But here's the thing, if you or anybody were in line to get a new car in say a year, and both Can Am and Polaris have their newest cars at say 220 hp, and $35K, and the Speed car is "finally out", LOL! and it's got 300hp at $38,500. Are you saying you wouldn't take a very hard look, especially with the way their shows have been, and how it will be built? It's just another option. Could be a pipe dream, and Speed could fold in 2 years, who knows?
I would certainly take a peek at the Speed UTV. In a year from now those prices are going to go up to probably $45K.

If the pricing keeps going up on these new SXSs people will need 10 year financing just to make the payments reasonable. LOL!

1 - 20 of 471 Posts