Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This forum has a diverse cross section of drivers from all over the world. Some of the slang used is local and not always easily understood. I thought a Slang Dictionary would be good for a laugh/ reference.

Granny Trail - It's the "easy" trail that Polaris owners make to go around tough hazards, kidding Honda owners use granny trails too.... :)

Goose - When you come on hard to the throttle.

Ghost Walking - When quad drivers get off their bike and walk next to their quad as they go through a mud hole.

Hydro'd or Hydro Locked - When you suck water into your air intake and it chokes out your engine, water is preventing your pistons from reaching the top of their stroke. AKA Hydrostatic Lock.

Trail DJ - the guy who has his stereo cranked so loud, you can hear him before you see him.

Honey Hole - a muddy spot, usually the mud hole known as the best mud hole.

Swamp Donkey - Moose

Wobbly Pop's - Beer

OREO - Off Road Enforcement Officer, Police.

Rig - ATV or a UTV.

Three wheeling - what happens when you use a Visco-lok.

I'll have more later, feel free to post your off roader's slang.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Bike - a two wheeled engine driven vehicle also known as a motorcycle.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Duel meaning=. Popo can refer to a Polaris utv or the police
witch’s eye. A soft sand hole you don't want to get into, usually where a couple ridges come together and a low area formes in between them
bench racer. The guy who doesn't have a car but is faster than you

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Roost - a place where a bird spends the night, or, massive quantities of soil propelled by the rear wheel(s) of an off road vehicle, often in the shape of a rooster's tail.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Cha ching= the cost of bling
heart attack = that new laser light bar
omg= I gotta have it
sumbit h = your buddy beat you to it. See all the above

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Drone= a low monotonous noise that can drive you crazy ( usually ) originates from the passenger seat and starts out with a honey you should !!! @#;^¥£§

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
south west:
Ride = High speed driving where all four tires are never on the ground all at the same time.
POPO = trail clogging slow driving not going to move over for anyone riders
rock crawling = trails rough enough to break jeeps and make you slow down to 25 mph
60" trails = Myths.
Desert = millions of wide open miles to drive and explore
Dunes = go fast go hard then chill and repeat/one big sleep over with good friends.
X3 = :big smile:

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
baby burpper
bike should be used on all off-road utv, sxs, atv. <<<<<<
popo,for sure
. ^
^
See post #2 #3#15 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

·
Registered
86 Posts
I should quantify I was born and raised in Texas, west of the Trinity river. Everything east of that is a different world.

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
south west:
Ride = High speed driving where all four tires are never on the ground all at the same time.
POPO = trail clogging slow driving not going to move over for anyone riders
rock crawling = trails rough enough to break jeeps and make you slow down to 25 mph
60" trails = Myths.
Desert = millions of wide open miles to drive and explore
Dunes = go fast go hard then chill and repeat/one big sleep over with good friends.
X3 = :big smile:
Dry Heat = BS term used on naive snow birds

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hold my beer!..... usually followed by laughing your ass off or calling 911? Sometimes both!!!

Come on a bike can be anything with handle bars if it has a steering wheel it's a CAR!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts