Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
I had them on mine this weekend in all the rain and snow in WV. There were 3 of us, one stock with no flairs, me BRP flairs, third one had the mud busters. Naturally the third one had the least amount of mud on his machine, I had some mud yes, but not the amount of the machine with nothing. I really like the looks of the BRP ones, very factory looking compared to the Mud busters. The BRP ones need about one inch added to them, and I think I have found a way with out taking away the nice clean look that they have now. I will work on the and see how it comes out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anything is better then factory, but I agree that they need a inch more. I just couldn't stomach the mud busters look. To me it looks like " Red Green " got a Maverick. But that's why we have options.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Is that a KTM 85, can't tell from picture. What year? I'm looking one for my son. Just sold my 450 KTM retiring now, I hate it. Too many broken bones and head concussion's after 40 years of it. That's why I have a Maverick now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im in parkersburg. Ive made it once out 47 with wvsxsriders. But I grew up riding out there and like different places.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I had them on mine this weekend in all the rain and snow in WV. There were 3 of us, one stock with no flairs, me BRP flairs, third one had the mud busters. Naturally the third one had the least amount of mud on his machine, I had some mud yes, but not the amount of the machine with nothing. I really like the looks of the BRP ones, very factory looking compared to the Mud busters. The BRP ones need about one inch added to them, and I think I have found a way with out taking away the nice clean look that they have now. I will work on the and see how it comes out.
I am quite interested in how your proposed modification / extension of the BRP flares works out. I was kind of thinking the same thing (maybe 2-3" extra). I just need to find a set first.

·
Registered
395 Posts
That is what I was going to do, Nice work! I was going to try it with some flat rubber to keep it's form and so it would give a little in case you rubbed something.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Those are nice fender flare extensions. They go well with the BRP flares. I always thought the BRP flares were not good mud guards. I don't know what BRP was thinking when they produce those. It looks more like a trim piece than a guard. A real guard should be at least 2 inches out IMHO.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Fricken awesome IMO.... Looks really good and works, so I am going to follow in your footsteps.

What material (type and thickness)?
Where did you get it?
How did you attach it?
Is it easy to replace if it wears out?
It's plastic sheeting used on late model race cars. About 1/8" thick and 4' x 8' sheet. I bought it at a local race shop. Attached it with plastic push pins ( like the ones that hold your interior plastic in ). That way if you get against anything it will pull off and not damage factory flair and easy to replace.
Im thinking of selling paper templates for $25.

·
Registered
175 Posts
How much do you have into them? I would be more interested in a whole kit with the flares precut and fasteners, etc. I dont know of any place local to me that would have the sheeting

·
Registered
63 Posts
How much do you have into them? I would be more interested in a whole kit with the flares precut and fasteners, etc. I dont know of any place local to me that would have the sheeting
Idk if I want to get into all that, I will do some thinking and see what I would have to have out of a set.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts