Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking for carling switches for the dash that will match the OEM ones. i can only find carling switches that light up green when pressed, and incandescent ones. anyone know where you can get a blank switch that lights up the same as the OEM ones?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I found them at any boat repair or dealer. They where a lot cheaper then the ones I found online.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,113 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cant get an idea what the ones from otrattw look like.. going to order a switch from digikey and see for my self i guess

·
Registered
548 Posts
Ummm... What is a Carling switch? Just the stock switches for headlight beams/sport mode/4wd style switches? Utv inc has a ton of custom ones that say whatever you want on them if that is what you are referring to. Just never heard the term Carling.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Dragon Fire sells these as well

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm thinking he looking for ones that are back lit even when off, but without the custom labels. I'm looking for these too but don't wanna pay $20 per.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm thinking he looking for ones that are back lit even when off, but without the custom labels. I'm looking for these too but don't wanna pay $20 per.
ok just to put this to bed.. i purchased switches from Digikey. they light up the same color and are a factory match. the lens is white, and the light is incandescent. they do not have labels, but stick on labels can be found online.

the digikey part number for the on/off switch is 432-1095-ND

·
Registered
1,103 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Reactions: TeamFASMotorsports

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
not really, the same blank switch is almost double the price...
If you are looking for custom and quality, they have been great in the past with no trouble... :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
I know this thread is a couple months old, but I figured this was worth sharing. I think the OP was looking for an oem style switch with matching font so it looks oem. I spent months searching for the carling covers that match. I found that buses use the same cover and font. The only cover I found that may be useful to someone is a "Lights" cover. I used it for my dome lights. Here is the link to the cover...

BE010650 INTERIOR LIGHT SWITCH ROCKER

Also, to get the correct on/off switch to go with the cover, I ordered a sport switch from an older Commander. The older ones don't have the green led since the older switches don't say "Eco" on the bottom.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I know this thread is a couple months old, but I figured this was worth sharing. I think the OP was looking for an oem style switch with matching font so it looks oem. I spent months searching for the carling covers that match. I found that buses use the same cover and font. The only cover I found that may be useful to someone is a "Lights" cover. I used it for my dome lights. Here is the link to the cover...

BE010650 INTERIOR LIGHT SWITCH ROCKER

Also, to get the correct on/off switch to go with the cover, I ordered a sport switch from an older Commander. The older ones don't have the green led since the older switches don't say "Eco" on the bottom.

Those are perfect, thank you.

Does anyone know the best way to modify the factory dash panel to accommodate two more switches? Can you cut out a whole with a Dremmel? Or is there a part number you can order that has them all cut out already?two more switches? Can you cut out a whole with a Dremmel tool or is there a part number you can order that has them all cut out already?

·
Registered
142 Posts
The best option if you don't use that little cubby hole is to buy a plate from UTV inc or turnkey. They have 6 slots and you can fill the extras with blanks. I think they like $35. Or you can make your own with a $2 sheet of 1/8" ABS plastic sheeting from eBay. That's what i am doing. Probably today actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so please excuse my fat finger syndrome.

·
Registered
584 Posts
the 2 other holes have pop in covers. come on guys. they are tabbed to hold in. pop them off and then pop the ROCKER switch in and it will lock into the same tabs

·
Registered
584 Posts
I bought mine on amazon for 3 bucks a piece marine grade. LOOK UP ROCKER SWITCH

·
Registered
584 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts