Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all,

I have narrowed my choices down on my windshield selection and one of them is the Can-Am Half Windshield and I wanted to know how it holds up against scratches? Is it easily scratched? It's not hard coated, so I didn't know if it would be as easy as wiping dust off of it to scratch it. Those of you with that windshield, is it work pulling the trigger on it or paying for something that's hard coated? Thanks! :big smile:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Brp catalog says nothing about it being hardcoated. EMP has a half windshield and it is hardcoated on both sides

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
I have developed tear offs for mine and they stop mud from landing on the plexi! It's going to increase the life span by 5x

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
West Texas, I have a Brp half and I will say it does scratch some. I like mine though. Just enough that it breaks the wind or deflects it over your head. At least in my case. I'd buy another if had to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I have developed tear offs for mine and they stop mud from landing on the plexi! It's going to increase the life span by 5x
That's a good idea. Sounds like the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
anyone who wants to try the tear-off can send me a pre-paid tube and I'll send you a 11" x 50" sample

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
anyone who wants to try the tear-off can send me a pre-paid tube and I'll send you a 11" x 50" sample
That's a good idea. I may send you the pre-paid tube for it, so I can try it out. So, is the extra money for the Can-Am version worth the money? Is this some stuff that you can get at Home Depot or?

·
Registered
400 Posts
i just installed EMP one and it is awesome, will be putting TINT on it soon to protect as well.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hard coated, I'm guessing? What price did you get it for?
At the price I've been finding for these EMP windshields, I doubt they're hard coated, but they look pretty good. I guess I'll go with these so I can save tax and shipping costs from my Can-Am dealer

·
Registered
400 Posts
$160 shipped, i thought is was hard-coated but not sure , but after i get tint on it it shouldn't matter... :)

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
$160 shipped, i thought is was hard-coated but not sure , but after i get tint on it it shouldn't matter... :)
I shopped around to see who had the best pricing for shipping and sidebyside won by $2. Let me know how the tinting goes. I bet it will look pretty sweet.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
On the emp site it says it's mr-10 hard coated.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
That's a good idea. I may send you the pre-paid tube for it, so I can try it out. So, is the extra money for the Can-Am version worth the money? Is this some stuff that you can get at Home Depot or?
Personally I think it's not. You have to drill into the hood and I'm not much on that. When it does become scratched, most people will replace with polycarbonate anyway and just use the mounts so why not just start out with less expensive plexi and get some good mounts from EMP?
As far as the tear offs go, they are not available anywhere that I know of other than my workbench

·
Registered
400 Posts
I shopped around to see who had the best pricing for shipping and sidebyside won by $2. Let me know how the tinting goes. I bet it will look pretty sweet.
lol..got tint at wally world 5% $12 and plenty of it , hope to do that this weekend.. :)

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Personally I think it's not. You have to drill into the hood and I'm not much on that. When it does become scratched, most people will replace with polycarbonate anyway and just use the mounts so why not just start out with less expensive plexi and get some good mounts from EMP?
As far as the tear offs go, they are not available anywhere that I know of other than my workbench
Yeah, I wouldn't be into drilling into my hood either.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts