Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running one of these yet? Will it fit in factory location? Im thinking getting one for main and run stock with isolator for secondary battery.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I was wondering the same thing

·
Registered
150 Posts
I sent them an E-Mail.... I'll let you know...

·
Registered
791 Posts
I am running a Odyssey 925 that I purchased from Sask battery in Regina (great service had the battery next day). I opted to put it under the drivers seat (connected to the stock via heavy gauge cables) and leave the stock battery as is. I am running an Audioformz top and figured I might as well have more power than not enough. The only downside is that the 925 is fairly heavy at 24lbs. I am waiting on my isolator, should have it today or tomorrow.

Here is the isolator I ordered :ATV/UTV Dual Battery Kit | Smart Battery Isolator

·
Registered
97 Posts
It will not fit directly in the stock location. I ordered one but haven't recieved it yet. The measurements on Oddyssey's website don't match what the Mav has.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
You can buy an aluminum or steel Battery box for the Odyssey batterys of ebay. EMP also sells a box for the Commander and could be used to replace the factory unit.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good info thx guys, after my starter fiasco I want a better battery in this thing as well but they sure are expensive. Goog idea RTB i might just do that and leave the stocker in original spot as second battery.

·
Registered
791 Posts
That is one thing I forgot to mention, with two batteries my starter spins the engine noticeably faster.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am running a Odyssey 925 that I purchased from Sask battery in Regina (great service had the battery next day). I opted to put it under the drivers seat (connected to the stock via heavy gauge cables) and leave the stock battery as is. I am running an Audioformz top and figured I might as well have more power than not enough. The only downside is that the 925 is fairly heavy at 24lbs. I am waiting on my isolator, should have it today or tomorrow.

Here is the isolator I ordered :ATV/UTV Dual Battery Kit | Smart Battery Isolator
I also have an Audiofromz top on order. I'm curious how this is working for you? Do you have a pic of your install under your seat? Is it in a weather-proof housing of some sort?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here is the mod I did for mine. If you scroll down the pics you will see how I added a second batt (925) and an isolator. I can run all kinds of lights and radios and never run out of power.

http://www.maverickforums.net/forum/7-general-maverick-discussions/681-finally-done-all-my-mods-pics.html

http://www.maverickforums.net/forum/7-general-maverick-discussions/577-battery-mod.html
Wow. Looks great. What brand isolator did you go with? That's and impressive mount. Be nice if a manufacturer did something similar to his.

I noticed in some of the other pics you had a mod for the rear cargo box, almost looked like an extender. What do you have in the box?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Wow. Looks great. What brand isolator did you go with? That's and impressive mount. Be nice if a manufacturer did something similar to his.

I noticed in some of the other pics you had a mod for the rear cargo box, almost looked like an extender. What do you have in the box?
This is the Isolator, I purchased it here. It's the same one I used for my Rhino, Boat and my Commander and it's full proof. I have used the Stinger in my boat and had 3 of them fail, I added this one to my boat and have never had another issue. You can find it on ebay for 120.00 but Black Rhino Perf ships fast and they have great directions.

Smart Battery Separator/Interconnect - Black Rhino Performance

I built the mount, I grabbed a piece of aluminum and drilled a few holes and built the mount going to the cage. Purchased the 925 mount on ebay for about 45 bucks and mounted it to the Aluminum with spacers so it wasn't sitting directly on the Alum for heat. I can snap a pic of the bottom so you can see how I mounted the rear to the frame if you are interested. I was going to weld it where it hits the cage but I decided to use a hose clamp and a half round in case I ever had an issue with the electrical system and my warranty was in question I can remove it in about 10 minutes. Seriously the whole thing took me about 2 hours.

Not sure what you mean about the mod for the rear cargo box, I haven't done anything to it except the OEM liner which keeps the dust down big time. I am working on a plate that will extend the liner so the dust doesn't come into the cab. I tested it with cardboard and it makes a HUGE difference.

I added the HIDs and light bar which was the best upgrade besides the two way radio. I have a bunch of 55w and 35w HIDs and light bars left over from my old business that I am selling. If anyone is interested PM me for a price. Once they are gone that's it.

Dennis

1 - 12 of 12 Posts