Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
the stock battery is really small and i doubt you will find a replacement that will fit in there.

any size Odyssey battery will fit under the seat, i bet you could fit an Optima under there. But the plastic would have to be supported with metal and it would be a PITA to remove battery if you had to replace the belt.

The passenger floorboard up front would be a good spot or remove the glovebox and make a nout for it there.

lots of places to hide one but they all will take some fabrication to fit and look good.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I'm going to go with a PC925 battery and put it on its side. If I have to put a new battery tray in it I can make one. I don't really want to move the local of the battery. Thanks Mega

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
I think I'm going to go with a PC925 battery and put it on its side. If I have to put a new battery tray in it I can make one. I don't really want to move the local of the battery. Thanks Mega
in the stock tray?

the stock tray is held on with two 1.5" long verticle welds, be carefull adding a heavier battery in there.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
You can buy a battery box that the PC925 fits in off ebay. Because the Maverick battery is in the back with room around it makes it a whole better than trying to fit one in the Commander as it is up under the dash.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
in the stock tray?

the stock tray is held on with two 1.5" long verticle welds, be carefull adding a heavier battery in there.
U know how much weight 1" of weld holds so 1.5" is good lol

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
791 Posts
I mounted a 925 odyssey under my drivers seat to run my stereo and accessories. It is hooked to the stock system via cables and a battery isolator switch. Very simple with some home made tie downs out of strips of aluminum and ready rod. I think I would just run cables from the stock location and do it the same way if I was looking to eliminate the stock battery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts