Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Odd rpm issue

4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  18Maverickxdstr 
#1 ·
Been having it for a little while now. Just driving along with performance key in and sport mode I floor it and it only rpms to 6-7k rpms. Normally it 8500. When it's happening ift feels like the motor is bogging. Then after alittle while I hit it and it gets all the power.

I'm confused what it could be. No codes at all and it's not missing when it happening.

I'm thinking maybe it's the clutching but not even sure on that.

Any places to start looking?

Thanks

#2 ·
secondary spring

#7 ·
may not be broken, may just need more preload
check the rollers also

#8 ·
if the rollers are broken the secondary wont open and close properly, the clutch can get stuck in the wrong ratio, could make RPM be too high, or too low depending on what gear ratio the clutch is stuck in since the secondary wont open and close properly to keep the belt in the proper gear ratio like its designed.

also, ECU tuning glitches, high intake air temps, engine detonation, all sorts of different things will make the ECU pull power, close the throttlebody down, and limit power. When the ECU senses the problem has resolved itself it can bring the power back on and you feel normal again. Many times in testing i see machines doing all sorts of weird things that the owner never realized. Engine RPM rising and falling clearly in a pattern over 1-2 seconds as the ECU is opening and closing the throttlebody, the ECU senses somthing wrong, pulls timing, closes throttlebody down, tries to fix the problem, and then brings power back online. Run the machine and feel it and see if its a constant up and down, listen to the RPM, does the engine change pitch and the RPM on the dash change with it, try and diagnose it better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.