Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my Raptor toyhauler. I use ethanol free gas for my Onan generator. 89 octane. Per Onan generator tect said to use. Can I use octane booster with this ethanol free fuel. Too raise it up to 92 octane. For my 2017 Can Am Maverick XC.
Thanks for your advise.
Gary

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
the only reason he told you that is because of storage
non ethanol gas has a lot longer "shelf life'
use that junk when your going to store it
when you out with the buggies run the highest pump fuel you can find
and run that, if tuned add the booster too..lol

Reactions: DogRunner2

·
Premium Member
2019 x3 Xds R
346 Posts
I use the booster in mine when I get 89 rec. Can tell what octane I get by the numbers on the tuner. I've been using Torco octane booster, no issues to date. I usually grab a case (6 pack) off amazon for $120. It uses 16 oz per 10 gallons, which is a half a can for a fill up. So a case gets you 12 fill ups bro 120 gallons, breaks down to around $1 per gallon. For top offs I usually pre mix a can to keep the mixture right.

I know some boosters will dirty the exhaust side, I just changed out my stock exhaust yesterday, 600 miles on booster, everything looked fine. So do your research on what ever booster you choose.

I usually use rec or clear (89-93) depending on what gets delivered. Last delivery was 1000 gallons of 89 rec, so will be using booster at the up north property the rest of the year. If I fill up at a gas station, I just put 93 in it. Winter time, rec/clear only.

·
Registered
429 Posts
The gas station near my house sells 91 ethanol free and the off-road park that I mainly go to has fresh 93 ethanol free with really food prices ! It’s nice to be able to get good gas easily. When I have to get 93 with ethanol I put in a little sea foam gas additive and try to run all the gas out on the trip.

to the op ......do they not have higher octane ethanol free in your area ? I know some places only have 87-89 or are you trying to keep all the gas in the same containers ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a seeing what options I have for future travels. Yes I have a fuel station on my toyhauler.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts