Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went out today for the first ride was going good than the clutch exploded out of nowhere I looked
under through some of the skid plate holes and I can see the whole cover is just in pieces I will take
it to the dealer when they are open this really suck with the nice weather coming now there is no way
they tested these things that good or this shit would have never happened

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
wow more still exploading

did urs have the recall work done to ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know if the recall was done it don't matter they should have checked before letting me put it on the trailer I hope its not going to take long to get parts

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
u can tell if there is like 8-10 washers on the primary bolt , the left one ,

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
I don't know if the recall was done it don't matter they should have checked before letting me put it on the trailer I hope its not going to take long to get parts
call BRP customer service and start a case. Dont wait for the dealer to call them.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
in the long run brp cant afford to have a bad clutch name so there gonna have to fix this chit for real i would think !

·
Registered
711 Posts
being that he is in canada, i would almost bet my $5 that its a brand new unit, built within the last 4 weeks, and has the 10 washers on the primary bolt.

the "slippery" washers is a bandaid, not a true fix. just because the machine has these 10 washers does not mean it completely eliminates you from the possibility of having a clutch bolt stretch and break. having it happen within 6 miles is pretty bad though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ya i hope they just dont fix it and put a bandaid on it cause i will just break it again its a sport machine not a farm machine the last 4 of my vin is 1864

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm sure glad I have a qsc and Stm on the way. I should send my bill to brp and ask them to pay for it since there to dumb to figure it out. What a fu*king joke!!!!

Reactions: Glamisfan

·
Registered
179 Posts
I had the recall done this week and hammered it pretty hard today. WOT burst, long term WOT, Rock crawling, long down hills with engine brake....No issues.. Hope thwy take care of you.. I'm real happy with my dealership so far....

Myron

·
Registered
9 Posts
This has me a little worried, my last four of my s# is 1289 on the cert. of origin. Date 2/21/2013. Do you guys know if mine would have the update? Thanks for the info. I have 33 miles on mine in the snow no problems yet. I do have a little antifreeze dripping from some where i have to check it out yet.

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
This has me a little worried, my last four of my s# is 1289 on the cert. of origin. Date 2/21/2013. Do you guys know if mine would have the update? Thanks for the info. I have 33 miles on mine in the snow no problems yet. I do have a little antifreeze dripping from some where i have to check it out yet.
pull the plastic under the seat and remove the clutch cover. Look at the primary bolt, of it has a stack or 10 thin washers on it then you have the recall.

add an oring to the overflow cap and you will not leak coolant out of the bottle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
pull the plastic under the seat and remove the clutch cover. Look at the primary bolt, of it has a stack or 10 thin washers on it then you have the recall.

add an oring to the overflow cap and you will not leak coolant out of the bottle.
Cool looks like i have some work to do tomorrow. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Cool looks like i have some work to do tomorrow. Thanks for the info.
U can also call your dealer and they can run your vin and tell you and yes if coolant leak is up front it's the bottle needs a o-ring

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
9 Posts
U can also call your dealer and they can run your vin and tell you and yes if coolant leak is up front it's the bottle needs a o-ring

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2
It was dripping out from a crack in the plastic right under the seats pretty much dead center. From under the utv factory crack between plastic pieces. Doesn't sound like the bottle area. i will have to look closer tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts