Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I need some help, Im going to be buys a Mav soon just cant pick between the R or the RXS. I live in the deep woods, and looking for trail riding and lots of mud! I see both the Mav's are very close to each other. shocks are 2 or 2.5, dash is alittle differnet, and color. I realy cant see anything else. Up her before tax the RXS is 16,200.00 thats with out asking for more off. And the Base R is 14,800.00 with asking for more off.

I just sold my 2012 Commander 1000X to buy a Mav but im having a hard time with the right one.

HELP!!! Thanks Guys

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I would say the decision would be based on what you plan on modifying on the machine. If your certain to leave it stock than go with the XRS. If you plan on making all kinds of mods to the supension like long travel or a lift then go with the base model. I made the mistake of buying the Commander "X" and then replaced the supension with long travel, Elka shocks, Winch package etc, you get the picture.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Agree with ODY... if you do replace suspension and the other XRS stuff.. you can sell it and recover most of the difference...but most are buying XRS's and not as much of a market as on the Commander

·
Registered
81 Posts
Rickbo415,

What dealer in the U.P. have you talked to?

I been to Marquette Powersports, U.P. Cycle & Sport and North Motorsports.
U.P. Cycle has given me the best price so far. I planned on getting the XRS in April from them.

I will be keeping it generally stock with a few accessories. I planned on using it mostly for trail riding, with an occasional lap around our motocross practice track.

So the better shocks larger display were appealing enough to get the XRS for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
XcRacer1000,

Keep me posted with the prices they give you, I'm getting prices from all three. I send you a message with that info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts