Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it that every time I have enough, or more than enough options or add ons. I keep finding more stuff I think I need? I have more into this thing than my wife's car is worth. At least she likes her car and doesn't read here. No wonder we have so many vendors here. :money:

Step 1: admit I have a problem.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Problem or not when you stop buying add ons you start breaking other things. It's a vicious cycle!!! What else are you gonna do with your money?

·
Registered
363 Posts
I'm still in the denial phase! :p

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Only gets better....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
I have got to the point where i customized to my liking and could not do any more. Now i am looking for a new toy to customize. I have just as much fun customizing as i do driving them. I have been through 3 sxs's sold them and i am just about done with my maverick and halfway through customizing my teryx4.

Its a sickness and there is nothing you can do about it.

·
Registered
459 Posts
That's what makes it fun.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Chances are if you're on a forum searching for advice on the next 2k you don't want to spend, you're already sick! I spent my kids inheritance on my truck so it's time for a new obsession, the Mav. Haha!

·
Registered
545 Posts
I tell my lovely wife that the racing and fabbing habit is much less expensive than boozing, parting, and therapy...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Wade

:big smile:

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I have got to the point where i customized to my liking and could not do any more. Now i am looking for a new toy to customize. I have just as much fun customizing as i do driving them. I have been through 3 sxs's sold them and i am just about done with my maverick and halfway through customizing my teryx4.

I have same bug ,

I bought a jeep few months ago lifted it wheels tires full tune up lol all new steering , system lights , lol

·
Registered
367 Posts
Lots of us have the sickness and our meetings are held in the desert while mashing the throttle down. I was recovering and then the Maverick was built.

Reactions: PLAY-DOH

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
I haven't even made my first payment yet and have already racked up thousands $$$ in aftermarket parts. I know how ya feel

·
Registered
548 Posts
Between the Mav and my gun building/shooting/reloading habit, I spend a bit of time in the dog house...damn UPS guy gets me busted all the time! Guess it's time to make the gun habit profitable to support my other vices!

·
Registered
53 Posts
It is quite amazing.......My wife and I tossed the idea of a side by side around for a few years. We have a 6wheel John Deere Gator for yardwork around our property so initially it was rzr thoughts. Went to dealership looking to buy a commander and sell the gator to offset cost. Wife saw Maverick in showroom and am pretty sure she soiled her panties. Kept second guessing the cost to use ratio and practicality of purchase. Pulled the trigger brought Maverick home and haven't looked back since. Only second month of ownership and well over $2500 in add-ons without second guessing any of them.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'll take it one step further then some of you, although some of you may feel the same way as me. I am EXTREMELY ANAL when it comes to my "toys." Here is where I differ from a lot of others.... I use to find cheaper routes and buy used that had all the stuff already on it, but have gotten burned a few times and ended up dumping close to what it would of cost me if I had bought new in the first place. So for the last 8 or so years every thing I buy has to be brand new from the dealer. Then I turn around and dump thousands of dollars in add-ons to a perfectly brand new machine before I even ride it the first time! I guess my biggest expense was my last sport bike. I bought a brand new zx10 a few years ago and turned it into a full blown AMA race bike. I'd be willing to guess I had some where in the ball park of $35,000 in it after everything was said and done. Right now I currently own a '14 rs dps maverick that AReed added a good chunk of accessories to before I even brought it home for the first time, a fully built '12 RM450 that i don't even want to think about how much $ I've tied up in it over the last couple years, and I just bought a new '14 YFZ450R that I'm currently having built.

YES, I have a problem and need medication!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts