Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

101 - 120 of 121 Posts
434 Posts
Thanks, you were correct, I swapped the stock injectors back in and it fired right up. Side note, for anyone doing injectors I recommend removing the intercooler and accessing from above.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
Yep only way to do plugs or injectors, makes it so much easier.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Went on some good rides up left hand fork this weekend, got home and washed it then installed the agency power intercooler. Looks like a nice piece for the price.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #107 (Edited)
I installed the ca tech rear limit straps this morning. Straight forward install, very easy. 10.9 metric fasteners and great quality. I also added their rear sway bar mounts.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #108 (Edited)
This evening included:
Chinese knockoff device holder.
Dual XPS160 GPS receiver.
12VDC USB hub.
7th gen iPad.
OtterBox defender case.
LeadNav app.
GPX files for logandale trail system for 26-29 Dec rides.

Remove cig lighter and separate + and - leads.
Check polarity (it has a red + so it's a no brainier).
Install USB hub.
Install device holder.
Install XPS160 and pair with iPad.
You have maps.

434 Posts
3M double side tape to hold it down? I tried using it but didn't seem like it stuck to the silicone material very good. Had one of those setups and just let it stick to the roof like it's supposed to stick. Stuck for a while but finally lost it at the dunes one day. And the cases for it are stupid priced.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
3M double side tape to hold it down? I tried using it but didn't seem like it stuck to the silicone material very good. Had one of those setups and just let it stick to the roof like it's supposed to stick. Stuck for a while but finally lost it at the dunes one day. And the cases for it are stupid priced.
Exactly, 3M vhb. You're spot on, the rubber is not liking the 3M. I thought about silicone until I can get the LeadNav case but I'm sure it's stupid pricy also.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #111 (Edited)
Update on the Chinese knockoff device holder. Don't waste your time or money. It pops opens while riding. I was not happy with the quality after install, when it was closed there was a gap between the device holder and the door that opens and holds the device. There was no way to adjust it, increase tension or anything. I replaced it with a BRP device holder.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Sorry fo the double post, I put these on BD's post for curios potential customers.

Ok, so this past weekend I installed the BD headlights replacements. Couple of notes, I shortened the leads on the S1s. Measurements are center light, middle light, and outside light. They are taken from the heatsink to the cut ends of the wires. 6.5": 5.5"; 4.5". This leaves just enough wire to zip tie everything up out of the way. Serving thing to mention is there BD frames share the reflector screw, I removed mine the first day so I used a nut and bolt plus I drilled the reflector alignment hole thru the DB frame and used a nut and bolt. Also, with a MOAB installed you end up with an unused hole in your fairing so I cut the fascia to clean things up.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Today I installed the intake relocation kit and block off. I added some siless sound deadening sheets to the intake cover, pre-filter, clutch cover, center engine access cover, and firewall.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Today I installed the e power steering with optional heatsink. Easy straight forward install. Take your time, remove the driver's side fender and top dash panel. Not much to see in the pics but here they are.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Tonight I installed an Odyssey pc925lmj with the UTVinc strap kit. I read with the e power steering should get a battery update or a second battery

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Today I lowered the harness mounts. It's not ideal with the increased leverage but has less deflection when pulling on the harnesses than it did in stock form. I used 12mmX80mm a-arm bolts and nylock nuts; 4 aluminum seat spacer; 4 12mmX35mm fender washers (2 per tab, on top) and made some aluminum straps to the each mount together. Straps are 1/4X1"X9.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Are those good quality bolts?
That's a good question... They are OEM can am bolts removed during front suspension upgrade. If I remember correctly they came out of the bulkhead/a-arms. I'm taking the dimensions to nut and bolt bin to see what they have available that might be stronger. They are larger diameter than what was mounting the harnesses before. I think the bolts removed were 10mm.

·
Premium Member
7,546 Posts
I like the reposition, but I would make sure and get some good quality bolts. You don't want those failing, making a bad situation worse my man!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #120 (Edited)
I like the reposition, but I would make sure and get some good quality bolts. You don't want those failing, making a bad situation worse my man!
Thanks for the input, assembly was a bit of a pita so it would be easy to just leave the a arm bolts in but I'll take your advice and source some top grade bolts before I run it next. As a side note, I'm looking behind the firewall to see if I can anchor the lower aluminum plate to mitigate the risk of it pulling forward.

101 - 120 of 121 Posts