Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

81 - 100 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
My steering wheel was off from the factory quite a bit. I had to pull it and adjust to get the tie rods even.

Today I installed the CT Race Worx tie rods with uneven bump steer correction mis alignment spacers. Installed and aligned steering, 1 side took a lot more adjustment than the other. I think my steering wheel adapter is off 1 spline to the right. During installation of the wheel adapter it seemed like it was off 1 spline either direction so I figured I'd fix it during alignment. I experienced the same issue when I installed the same brand adapter on my rzr. Has anyone else had similar issues? I'm not a fan of having the tie rod ends screwed out more than necessary due to a wheel adapter (if that is the case)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
My steering wheel was off from the factory quite a bit. I had to pull it and adjust to get the tie rods even.
I have seen that quite often. The issue here seems to be with the steering stems splines in relation to the adapter's splines. The stock wheel allowed for close to even adjustment out of each tie rod end but with the assault adapter it takes far more on one side. If you remove the entire assembly and clock it to the other side one spline then the problem flips to the other rod end.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #83 (Edited)
Fun little project me and my friend Brian worked out to add an Amber/green strobe to the rear without hanging any more accessories on this thing. It's getting a bit "over accessorized" so I wanted to try and limit it a bit. The light in the pic is only for mock-up. Actual light has 28 Amber and 28 green LEDs.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Very nice, looks like your buddy can weld like a champ.
Thanks, he really can.
There are a few more components, can am style switch, gold heat tape etc. I'll put up some more pics when I finish it up.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #86 (Edited)
I installed the CA technologies front sway bar links with quick disconnect pins. Pretty nice quality. I need to loosen then up and realign the heims.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
I haven't posted any progress pics for awhile. I tuned it with a PV3 on a DezertFreak's mount. I added some Baja sports, also on DezertFreak's sideshooter mounts. Clutching is STM weights/K&T springs. Brady from boosted installed a case saver and seal guard while in there. I added 32" CST sand blasts on method bead locks.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
One badass car for sure man, keep it up! Were you able to get with John and get a tune started?
Thanks man. Trevor/you is checking into a tune for me. I'm going to need it soon, I got a deal I couldn't pass up on ID1050X injectors and an agency power wastegate so I just need a pump gas tune for now. I'm trying to decide on the agency power camshafts. That torque curve looks wicked.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #90 (Edited)
I’d be curious to see what those tires can do in the dunes . Looking good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So some more feedback on the tires. I love them but they weren't my first choice for dessert and they really do not pull anything steep in the dunes so I ended up buying paddles anyways. Hindsight? Buy the hardpack set up you want and get paddles or run the big horns on the sand.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #91 (Edited)
I needed to add $.01 to my wastegate order to get free shipping so I added a $29 assault hood insert to match the grill. Spent $15 to save $14, no complaints.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #92 (Edited)
I also wanted to add a finished pic of my rear Amber/green strobe assembly, it turned out pretty cool and allowed me to add some lights without hanging anything else out in the open

And a 1 second video of it

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Today I installed the agency power wastegate, I'm out looking for a pressure pump, the mightyvac at AutoZone is vacuum only. And yes, the wastegate is larger than the compressor housing, lol.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Installed the injector Dynamics ID1050X, won't start, I hope it's just needing a tune.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
I forgot, I installed the clutch cover quick release pins today also.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
I forgot, I installed the clutch cover quick release pins today also.

I have these also but I just did every other on mine, but I only dune, and they were a gift from someone that used the other half of them.

Yes your car won’t run without a tune to match those big injectors

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #97 (Edited)
That's a great idea to share a set of quick release pins, I want mine a little tighter so I'm going to try the next size up "hair" pin (no idea what they're called)

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #98 (Edited)
If you're setting crack pressure and you're local HMU, I've already spent the money, you can borrow mine.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
I have these also but I just did every other on mine, but I only dune, and they were a gift from someone that used the other half of them.

Thank you for the info on the injectors.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #100

Thanks, you were correct, I swapped the stock injectors back in and it fired right up. Side note, for anyone doing injectors I recommend removing the intercooler and accessing from above.

81 - 100 of 121 Posts