Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to order a stm secondary but have a question on the helix angle. I talked to stm a little he suggested a 35 45 helix with gold spring. I have a non turbo max with 31 inch tires. Mostly bomb the desert with a little sand and some mountain trails 5000 to 10000 feet. I can't find any info on others running a set up like that what do you guys think?
I have tries to contact airdam but have had no luck. Not expecting it to be perfect but at least close.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to mention I'm running the stock primary. And it also has an aftermarket cage and skins so it's a perty heavy machine. Thanks

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
That sounds about right, its been a long time since I did this mod. I also changed both primary & secondary springs and put lighter arms in my primary from Airdam. I upgraded to the turbo primary also.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just installed my stm gen 2 secondary 35 45 helix with the gold spring and.... it feels perty good need to lighten up the weights 7600 shift out rpm but it will top out at 8000 rpm at 60 mph. I marked the primary and it's not shifting into high gear. I'm thinking about trying the pink spring. Any help is greatly appreciated

1 - 4 of 4 Posts