Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2020 X3XRC
65 Posts
Not disagreeing at at all but this a big unprotected opening just to side of where I drilled the holes - just saying ✌🏼

·
Registered
2020 X3XRC
65 Posts
So.... I am not a mechanic - haven’t torn it down - don’t have a clue what is below - only going off of what I see on the top.
It’s open - therefore I don’t understand the need to cover / screen the hole created, drilled or full cut out with a grill installed when plugging the in intake behind the headrest.
You seem to know what is filtered 👍🏼
thank you for your insight

·
Registered
4 Posts
I hated the noise! I did all of the above and more. Intake block off plate with foam behind it View attachment 239393 View attachment 239395 , air intakes on side and back, rear windshield, and S&B Particle Separator.
I'm curious to where you purchased or how you made the screens for the Particle Separator cover. I'm wishing to do the same and your the only one I've came across.. please help.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm curious to where you purchased or how you made the screens for the Particle Separator cover. I'm wishing to do the same and your the only one I've came across.. please help. View attachment 262674
I bought the faux carbon fiber sheet from Amazon. If I recall it was a 12" square piece. I heated with heat gun and formed it to the shape of the intake. The screening is Outerwear also from Amazon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If I had leftover material I would be happy to make you one. Unfortunately, I do not. You can do it. It’s pretty easy.
Oh I bet it would be decently simple. You recall the thickness of fiber sheet you used? (5mm or 6mm) I'm hoping to get some time over winter and tinker around with it. Right now I don't get much spare time, with the wife and kids always driving me bonkers.. i was hoping for a quick install.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Oh I bet it would be decently simple. You recall the thickness of fiber sheet you used? (5mm or 6mm) I'm hoping to get some time over winter and tinker around with it. Right now I don't get much spare time, with the wife and kids always driving me bonkers.. i was hoping for a quick install.
These are the two items I used. Also stuck some Dynamat on the back of the Kydex. All items were on Amazon.
Outerwears WR12BK Pre-Filter Sheet x 12in Black
Holsterbuilder Black Carbon Fiber Kydex 12"x12" .080 SINGLE SHEET

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good Day Everyone - just joined - visiting an old post but have a question -
Is it an option rather than cutting a hole in the intake cover - any thoughts as to drilling holes in the cover verses the grille piece filled with holes?? thank you in advance for your replies and input.
I cut two holes and glued these on. It's the same surface area as the opening I blocked off behind the driver. Plus I lined the inside of the cover box with sound deadening foam.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Maverick X3 RS Turbo RR
179 Posts
Does anyone have some .gcode that they would be willing to share for a diy vent in the airbox so I don't have to spend the time making my own? Or is the extra ventilation even necessary?

·
Registered
461 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yesterday I installed Adrenaline cycles noise reduction kit on my 2021 Max RR and it made a pretty significant change inside the cab. Took it for a zip today and happy with the results. Have windshield coming this week hopefully and rear window by spike waiting to be installed see if they helps a bit also.

·
Registered
470 Posts
The rear window made a very noticeable difference for me. Make sure to get one that covers below the lowest roll bar where the intercooler is. I bought one that didn't cover there and it seem to amplify the noise. So, I used an old rzr windshield and cut out a piece that fits there and that made a big difference.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts