Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In lieu of reasonable options, I made my own.

Huge improvement, and minimal investment (less than 15 bucks)

3D printed rear vent, and used 2 types of foam to deaden sound. May even add frogzskin later, although the CVT filter assembly hasn't even gotten wet during a wash with current setup.

Attachments

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So how much difference did it make?
on a scale of 1 to 14 silence units, it is 17

j/k

I haven't measured. It's gone from something I won't drive without ear plugs at 25+mph to something I can skip earplugs with. I'll be doing more testing this weekend, as it will have some road time while traveling between trails.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Do the XMR snorkels quiet down the air intake noise heard from the driver's seat by a significant amount? And if they do, does anyone know roughly how much it would cost to add them to a non-XMR X3?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I finally got around to doing this mod as well. I took a pool noodle, cut and stuffed it in the opening. I then lasered out a and built a vent with frogskin for the backside. The screws I have on there in the picture are just for mock up. they will be replaced with shorter screws. It made a huge difference in the noise.
Vehicle Automotive exterior Auto part Metal Car
Wallet Leather
Product Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Tire
Grille Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Carbon
Auto part

·
Registered
2020 X3XRC
65 Posts
Good Day Everyone - just joined - visiting an old post but have a question -
Is it an option rather than cutting a hole in the intake cover - any thoughts as to drilling holes in the cover verses the grille piece filled with holes?? thank you in advance for your replies and input.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts