Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
106 Posts

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
I installed a set screw as described in this bulletin. Worked perfectly. I was going to install two grease zerks but the yoke has no end cap on slip collar. Grease will just push out. My 18 was out of phase too. I have everything marked for ease of re-assembly.

https://www.maverickforums.net/forum/170-maverick-x3/106466-2017-2018-x3-drive-shaft-noise-133582-a.html
Basically same thing the 2020 shaft does. May go this route instead of installing zerks and keeping it greased. How many miles you got since putting in the set screw?

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Basically same thing the 2020 shaft does. May go this route instead of installing zerks and keeping it greased. How many miles you got since putting in the set screw?
About 1000km. The shaft would rattle after 200km before I added the set screw.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I did the setscrew deal too It would work for a little while but I could never get the set screws to stay tight

·
Registered
59 Posts
I didn’t phase the new ones. I guess I should have but the 2020 driveshafts didn’t have Any paint marks on the driveshafts you wouldn’t think you would have to if each shaft was balanced correctly? But it doesn’t have any vibration in 4wheel up to 70 on the rd
I went ahead and phased mine today, it was off 1 spline. There were no paint marks on mine either. My 18' had green mark but was still 1 spline off. I took her down the road in 4wd and feels smooth with no vibes. Glad to see they updated front shaft.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Think Im going to have to upgrade to the 2020 shaft. I did the set screw per the Can-am tech bulletin and now it rattles in both 2WD and 4WD. Use to only be 2WD before doing the set screw. Sound is a little different tone than before but still annoying.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts