Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
every ride seems like overkill,where is the grease going?
Things get pretty hot in that area with the exhaust heat and stuff. Grease gets hot and does not stay in the joints long. Rear driveshaft can be greased from each side at the back without removing anything. It is fairly easy once you have done it a few times. Standard grease gun with a hose is all that is needed and some good quality High temp grease

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Thanks guys......one thing I did notice about greasing the front/rear U-joint was it likes to sling the excess grease on the header and you smell it burning.....even with my headers wrapped, I can still smell it for the first ride after greasing them....

·
Registered
69 Posts
Instead of creating a new thread I figured I'd just post here. Same issue with clicking. Does it while turning. Squeaks while going straight. Matches speed I am going - one squeak/click per revolution. Can the cv's be replaced on the axle or do I have to get a whole new axle? I have the LRS long travel, so if have to get axles from them.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Instead of creating a new thread I figured I'd just post here. Same issue with clicking. Does it while turning. Squeaks while going straight. Matches speed I am going - one squeak/click per revolution. Can the cv's be replaced on the axle or do I have to get a whole new axle? I have the LRS long travel, so if have to get axles from them.
I am wondering, I have this clicking going on at low speeds once per revolution in the rear and even louder when turning at low speeds. Do I mess with the warranty at 400 miles to get the same axles (this clicking has been going on for over 100 miles) or do I just pony up and get some decent rear axles? Input would be appreciated and what brand axles to go with. Thx

·
Registered
579 Posts
Bump bump.

so just noticed the rear end click... Only noticeable at slow speeds when turning the wheel hard in either direction. Noticed it on pavement .... Haven't noticed it on dirt.

We camp at a campground that is paved but all off road riding so very limited paved usage

·
Registered
407 Posts
All 4 mavericks in our group click when turning on pavement, most have done it since almost new, that's a hell of a bind on the axles with no limited slip rear diff, RIDE IT

·
Registered
579 Posts
All 4 mavericks in our group click when turning on pavement, most have done it since almost new, that's a hell of a bind on the axles with no limited slip rear diff, RIDE IT

Thank you you for the feedback... I feel much better. 30tires likely add to that. Solid Information! ,

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
One of our 4 seaters, the rear axle have clicked since new for first few seconds. worse if colder. Seems soon as the grease warms up it goes away. 1800 miles now and still now problems with them
An update on my machine. The dealership replaced both rear axles at 750 miles due to the clicking...no more clicking at slow, low or turning..pavement or dirt.. nice an quiet now..

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

21 - 30 of 30 Posts