Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have like a clicking in the rear of my Mav. It there when I turn and go straight at low speed. Anyone have this issue. I have the extended warranty is this something they would cover or no? Thanks

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Maybe a CV

·
Registered
502 Posts
I agree does it do it in reverse?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Is it coming from the rear diff or just one side by the wheels?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
we need more info.....does the clicking increase in parallel to speed? Does it do it if you tap or ride the brakes? Is it worse when turning or going straight?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
yes extended warranty will cover it

·
Registered
998 Posts
Extended warranty won't cover anything axle or cv related .. Well my dealer wouldn't cover a cv .. Could be a u joint as well .. Either way it shouldn't be much

·
Registered
791 Posts
You really need to keep the rear drive shafts greased in these with some good quality grease after every ride.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Extended warranty won't cover anything axle or cv related .. Well my dealer wouldn't cover a cv .. Could be a u joint as well .. Either way it shouldn't be much
my RPM1 guide says drive axles are covered but I guess it all depends on how it broke or what happen and what warranty u have and what service advisors u know :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will have to try and listen to it better in the morning and try different things. I grease it every ride. I have around 1300 miles on it. I haven't been able to get anyone to drive it yet so I can try to pin point where it is a little better. At first I thought it was only there when I made right hand turns but then I noticed it there when I was going straight too. I had heard it at one point before and tried finding it after a ride and it had quit making the noise but now it's there all the time. I will try to get some more info tomorrow! Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I will have to try and listen to it better in the morning and try different things. I grease it every ride. I have around 1300 miles on it. I haven't been able to get anyone to drive it yet so I can try to pin point where it is a little better. At first I thought it was only there when I made right hand turns but then I noticed it there when I was going straight too. I had heard it at one point before and tried finding it after a ride and it had quit making the noise but now it's there all the time. I will try to get some more info tomorrow! Thanks everyone!
Starting to sound like a CV joint but it would be much louder at a full turn then while going straight.....you say you grease your drive drive shaft every ride.....do you pull the interior panels or skid plate and get the one on the front U-Joint of the read drive line?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I'm referring to the drive axle between the gearbox and the differential. The U-joints each have one zerk fitting on both ends of the rear axle and the front axle has 2 on the rear and one on the front.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There are grease fittings on the u joints. I don't pull the interior to grease them. I manage to get it turned just right and reach in from in front of the passenger rear tire and grease the rear joint and then the other one takes a little more work to get on the fitting but manage to do it from the back. At first I figured it was an axel going bad but I never really hear them click when going straight on other wheelers and side by sides I had so wasn't sure.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
hmmm....didn't think you could get to it that way. I will have to give it a try....thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
can you access it if you pull the skid plate? The stock skid takes like 2 minutes to pull off and put back on....

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm thinking you can pulling the skid. It's usually the spur of the moment rides that I don't have a lot of time and just end up reaching it without pulling anything apart. I just have a pistol grip grease gun with a flexible hose so only takes one hand to hold it and pump it. It would probably be impossible to do it if it's not a pistol grip or battery or pneumatic grease gun.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There is still grease in them but would just rather be safe. A lot of my rides around usually around 100 miles and a lot of times water comes out of them.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts