Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This started at 8hrs and happens when the sxs gets warmed up. I did proper belt break in per this site. Any ideas?

Mavie in N or Park at 1800rpms so its when the secondary engages. My renegade didnt do this.

thanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
I don't know the noise and I'm no expert but it takes about 15 min if that to pull your clutch cover off. If you haven't its a good idea to learn and to be able to replace a belt if ever needed. Its also the best way to see whats going on with the clutch and secondary.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Mine makes a similar noise but quite a bit quieter than yours. I had to lean down by the shifter to even hear it.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
ya they do that

they all have the can am clunk to when taking off

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, i have had the covers off. I also bought shop service manual.
It just seemed odd it started after 8hrs and it's only when warm. Its louder in person then the vid. I got a new belt on the way (4 a spare) I'm going to try out for the heck of it.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
It's just the nature of the beast, mine has done it since they did the recall.
ya mine seem to do it more after recall its the noise of the belt and pulley together im thinking

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This started before the recall on my rig but thats regardless. If its normal then so be it. Im kind of in a battle with my dealer at the moment and brought it up twice to them they said nothing a out it because the dont get it warm enough to hear it. As of today I fell I know more than them anyhow.

thanks for the replies

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Yeah, i have had the covers off. I also bought shop service manual.
It just seemed odd it started after 8hrs and it's only when warm. Its louder in person then the vid. I got a new belt on the way (4 a spare) I'm going to try out for the heck of it.

It is most likely the belt. When you get the new belt, before you install it, use a green ScotchBrite pad and lightly scuff up the sheaves and clean the surfaces. You don't want any oil residue or debris on them as they will get deposited on the belt.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mine makes the same noise, glad its "normal"

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got the new belt on and cleaned the sheaves up. Noise is gone after warm up. I didn't see anything come off the sheaves with a white towel first but... I will put the old back on and re test. I still have the jerking at 20-30 mph in LOW still not sure what that's all about. Everything looks good inside...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts