Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'V READ SEVERAL POSTS AND TRIED LOTS OF THESE SUGGESTIONS. BUT WITH A STETHOSCOPE IN THE SHOP AT 4900 IM FINDING NOISE COMING FROM TIMING CHAIN AREA. UNIT HAS ONLY 250 MILES BEEN TO DEALER . INSTALLED REAR WINDOW , PLUG INTAKE AND OPEN REAR OF COVER , INSTALLED SOUND PROOFING ON BACK WALL , CHANGE CVT TUBES TO UPGRADE WITH INSULATION IN THEM. GOING TO DEALER NOW AND STARTING A CASE ON PROBLEM. I'M VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH UNIT AT THIS TIME. ALSO I CHECKED SPARK ARRESTOR, ANY BODY GOT ANY OTHER IDEAS? ALSO PUT CLAMP AROUND SPRINGS

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
71 Posts
There is a bit of noise in these engines. Have you listened to another X3 to see if there is any difference?

Other than that it's pretty hard to know exactly what you are hearing short of posting a YouTube video and linking it here....

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Keep searching....

5000 RPM noise is a well known issue if it falls in the same category of noise type.
BRP / ROTAX is aware of it with no known fix to date.

I believe it's a harmonic oscillation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the damn thing wasn't under warranty yet and has started case action with the cam am I would rip the timing chain cover off increase the pressure on the timing chain adjuster just to see if that would make any difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts