Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

101 - 120 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Can am X3 XRS
2 Posts
Well I blocked off the duct and found that it is much quieter. Especially the reduction in high pitch gear type noise. I really notice the difference when I do not have my headset on vs when it was not covered. I fully blocked it with 3 inch deep condensed foam. I live in Tucson and monitor my belt temps closely. I did not find any difference in temps or cool down times.
Curious what temps do you normally see when ambient temp is around 85? I installed a razorback temp gauge last October and was seeing temps around 150 and went for a ride yesterday and was seeing about 180 and a little higher.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Installed just fine on my early '17 also. I could tell the cabin noise was a bit different so it does seem some of the clutch noise is gone. Was hoping some of the "tones" coming from the clutch were what was really bothering me on long rides and even though a little better its apparently mostly my exhaust that is getting to me. A quieter exhaust and these clutch ducts will hopefully do the trick for me so exhaust on order now ...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Anyone know where to order the can am x3 part 703501111 for the CVT duct referenced earlier? A google search shows basically nothing. One website that doesn't even have a picture of it. Nothing on partzilla, etc.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I will post some of my "noise" findings here and hopefully it helps.

I picked up an XDS RR a few weeks ago and the noise was savage around 5000. Maybe not even so much the noise level as the frequency of the noise. It literally vibrated my head, mostly in my sinuses. I went on a 6 hour ride and was literally in a stunned state for about 2 hours after I got home. Gave me a nasty headache eventually. I ended up around 5000 rpm a lot that day due to the trails we were on. Surprisingly my wife doesnt really notice it nor does it bother her. Which makes me think it is more the frequency than the noise level that sucks for certain people.

So far I have installed the updated muffled air ducts. It does make a difference but not a HUGE improvement. But still good enough I would spend the $ on them again, so worth while in my case.

Next I blocked the intake behind the seat. In my case that made more of a difference than the updated intakes. But the combination of the 2 mods work well together. It is quieter without question. I cancelled out the frequency that was bothering me. I also noticed that the noise lives in a significantly more narrow rpm range. IE when let off the throttle and the rpms drop from say 5500-4500 the noise passes by much more quickly and is less drawn out. Much more enjoyable to drive and it no longer rattles my skull. It is at least at the level of reasonably tolerable now.

I know these things are loud and squeak and rattle, and I can live with that. I know the driveshafts can develope noises and that has started happening. But there are still a few other wtf noises and rattles going on lol. I will continue to update.

From reading posts and doing research it seems pretty obvious that not all fixes work for everyone. There are a bunch of things going on here and 2 cases are not always going to be the same.

I have another rattle going on others experience. Heat shields seem fine. I tried clamping the exaust springs-zero difference made. I will try popping the spark arrestor out tomorrow and see what that does. I will let you guys know how that goes...

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
If you have a rr model you already had the updated clutch exhaust . It came on 2020 models. I’m not sure what you bought .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
So do you have a 2020 model? I was under the impression that’s what came on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

101 - 120 of 130 Posts