Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pics are a bit dark, will try to get better shots when it’s not dark thirty! I should have purchased a roller for the dynamat to smooth it out better. You have to remove the seats, but no big deal. I put 1-1/2” seat risers on the rear brackets....really like that change as well.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Like many others have stated in this thread, it is a recurrent issue that has no true solution. I’ve literally done EVERYTHING reasonable short of redesigning the entire intake system and all I was able to accomplish was a minimum reduction in noise. At this point, a good headset is the only solution for me. I’ve read every thread and checked everything anyone has mentioned with no decent results. Pack the intake behind your head with foam, add openings in the intake cover, cover with frog skin.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was having the same noise issue. I was having to yell at the person sitting right next to me. I have now fixed the issue. I can now talk normal even whisper to my passenger, and I don't hear the engine right behind me. I got the Rugged Radio intercom. It truly was a game changer for me. It is a little pricey but well worth the investment. For me it's a must have.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Just did that this week too. I rode all last weekend and had ears ringing even with a helmet on, I stayed in the 4800-5300 rpm a LOT sadly. I'm going to block off that BTH intake and put some holes and frog skins in for the hell of it.

·
Administrator
2,242 Posts
We also have ringing ears after our rides with our headsets on.....seems when we bluetooth our music, the volume is a WEEEE BIT TOO HIGH all day....squeaks, rattles, and exhaust sounds need not apply!..

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
After experimenting with different headsets, I am running the behind the head headset from Rugged that has the foam earbuds. They are extremely lightweight and the in-ear style blocks most of the noise very well. Having the intercom and radio run through the this particular headset style works very well. The model of the headset is the H10 lightweight behind the head style. Yes the noise is still there but even as I approach 5000 miles, the noise intensity has not changed one bit. There’s been several new threads started with all kinds of suggestions but I seriously doubt any are as effective as the headset. I’m just not willing to spend countless hours and dollars buying specialty insulation material for no real relief. Headsets it is!

·
Registered
198 Posts
My solution was to remove the heat shield on the stock muffler after thinking it was all clutch noise.
I did all the same things to the intake as listed in this thread.
When I tried an aftermarket exhaust , the noise nearly disappeared.
While installing the stock exhaust, I noticed the heat shields on the mufflers were not very secure.
I left them off and went for a ride, no more noise complaints.

·
Registered
499 Posts
how's the heat though? I've got a lot of the tiny ringing rattle. I'd pull the heat sheilds if I knew it wouldn't melt the bed. Might just get a different muffler put on.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have not noticed any difference and there is no sign of excess heat on the rear shelf.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I just ordered the adrenaline cycles mod kit for the noise. Will see got it does, but I have to believe it will cut down the clutch noise drastically

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Please let us know how that goes. Might make one last investment in fixing the noise if it actually works.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
My solution was to remove the heat shield on the stock muffler after thinking it was all clutch noise.
I did all the same things to the intake as listed in this thread.
When I tried an aftermarket exhaust , the noise nearly disappeared.
While installing the stock exhaust, I noticed the heat shields on the mufflers were not very secure.
I left them off and went for a ride, no more noise complaints.
Your louder aftermarket exhaust is just masking a lot of the noise you could hear with the quiet stock exhaust

·
Registered
499 Posts
So I pulled my muffler heat shield off because if I flick it it rings. While pulling the cover a rock fell out from inside it. Possibly found some of my horrible decel ringing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
This is an older topic but always comes up from time to time. I stumbled upon this the other day. Maybe it can help some people.

SSV KIT - Noise Reduction Kit
Part number (SKU) : 703501111

Look it up in the BRP instructions you'll see where it goes if this link doesn't work

e-instruction-details.html

·
Registered
499 Posts

Looks like BRap came up with resonators to help muffle the sound. Interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
61 - 80 of 101 Posts