Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm breaking in a Maverick X3 RS RR and it seems to have a noise and vibration between 5000 and 5500 rpm. A couple of people have said this is normal. Does anyone have any more info on this, does this seem normal ?

·
Premium Member
8,129 Posts
what is it with the new people around here lately with no info and just complaining?

More info as to where the noise and vibration is and what the noise sounds like? is the noise metallic or hollow? Noise originates from where? what terrain are you driving on?

come on, help us help you.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I'm thinking this question has been asked at least 100+ times.
GTS is your friend as lots of speculation and fixes have been tried, some worked some didn't.

We choose to live with the noise however I have a headset with music turned up so I hardly notice it..

Barbara

Sent from BLR logistics

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Well there is a fix now. P/N 715500434. Apparently it’s a kit with baffles for your clutch intake to quiet it down. I’m going to order one and see if it actually works. I’ve already blocked the intake behind my head and drilled the intake cover for frog skin. It did help but not much. Quicksilver 33, since you are new to the forum, your question has angered the gods. Don’t be offended but PLEASE do spend some time and search. This is a topic that has been an ongoing discussion for literally years. I personally started a post sometime back with some excellent responses. We’re all willing to help but we kindly ask that you try to help yourself first by checking the numerous responses to your very concern.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what is it with the new people around here lately with no info and just complaining?

More info as to where the noise and vibration is and what the noise sounds like? is the noise metallic or hollow? Noise originates from where? what terrain are you driving on?

come on, help us help you.
Noise from engine area, sounds like a metal cover vibrating, but louder, desert, pretty hard pack, pretty level.

·
Administrator
2,400 Posts
Noise from engine area, sounds like a metal cover vibrating, but louder, desert, pretty hard pack, pretty level.
As mentioned, go to the X3 forum and search....using keywords "5000" and "rattle" will get you started with a lot of member insights on your noise.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Well there is a fix now. P/N 715500434. Apparently it’s a kit with baffles for your clutch intake to quiet it down. I’m going to order one and see if it actually works. I’ve already blocked the intake behind my head and drilled the intake cover for frog skin. It did help but not much. Quicksilver 33, since you are new to the forum, your question has angered the gods. Don’t be offended but PLEASE do spend some time and search. This is a topic that has been an ongoing discussion for literally years. I personally started a post sometime back with some excellent responses. We’re all willing to help but we kindly ask that you try to help yourself first by checking the numerous responses to your very concern.
That's more like band aid not a fix to the existing problem.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
You are correct but we’ve been band aiding this since the X3 came out with no better results by all accounts. Can-Am finally at least acknowledging there is a problem and I’m willing to spend a few bucks to make it better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got off the phone with Local dealer and that pat # P/N 715500434 has been superseded to P/N 703501111 $129.95 out the door.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I just got off the phone with Local dealer and that pat # P/N 715500434 has been superseded to P/N 703501111 $129.95 out the door.
Please report back!

I'd be curious if this will actually helps much as I understand that isn't the culprit.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey HP, I installed the 703501111kit on ours and couldn’t tell much of a difference, I also have the clutch intake
behind my head blocked off. Still noisy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you for the info, and the advice. Much appreciated.
According to the parts guy is was aware of the old part # that is how he found the new part #. He also said it was the fix for the problem. I only have 50 miles on my 2020 XRC and it is driving nuts. The noise sounds like a heat shield vibrating. I checked all mine, there tight and well shaped as to not make noise. The dealer should be sending me the new kit. I will update after I put it on.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Hey HP, I installed the 703501111kit on ours and couldn’t tell much of a difference, I also have the clutch intake
behind my head blocked off. Still noisy.
Yup....
Figured so unfortunately.
That's not the issue or BRP/Rotax would have a fix.
I feel it's oscillation in the exhaust/turbo/wastegate area dynamic to the 5000 RPM range.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I put the kit on my 2020 XDS RR. Also added a vent to the rear of the cover. Didn't get rid of all the rattle, but a BIG improvement. Worth the money.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
What I find strange is some cars have it and some don’t. My 18 XDS Turbo R doesn’t have the 5K rattle and I always wondered what everyone was complaining about. Then I rented a 2020 XRS Turbo RR Max in Moab and it had the 5K rattle, very annoying, and I now know what everyone is complaining about!! I doubt it, but is it just on certain models?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts