Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, so I took off my sway bar (it hadn't broke yet) because I was expecting my CT limit straps within a month, or two. Then COVID, so they show up Saturday. Sadly though I'm rolling out here in about an hour so I wont have them for my trip up north. Just got off the phone with my buddy who i plan riding with and he's pretty skeptical about not having it on.

I was thinking possibly crank the low speed adjuster all the way or most of the way in to help counter the body roll?

Or should I really pull a shock off and feed that bar back in, which is a pain in the ass btw. It's going to be mostly forest roads and I know if something runs out in front of me I'll have to hit it.

First time riding up there and it's cindery/sandy dusty.

·
Premium Member
7,620 Posts
runn it without a front bar no issue but clunk shocks at full extension. And you WILL fully extend those shocks in the deep woops at the cinders.

Do yourself a favor and take a ride across the highway from the cinders and enjoy the beautiful mountains of Flagstaff. A ride up to locket meadow and then all the way around the mountain to snowbowl. Heck you can even ride to the grand canyon. Or go south/east towards the rez and check out the Grand Falls(chocolate Falls). Lots of riding to do outside of the cinders.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah wasn’t going to go to Cinder mtn but the areas south and East. My place is on the west side of Flag, forest roads and Lake Mary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,412 Posts
You don’t have to take shock off to put front sway bar back on. Run it without I did for a few rides. Then bought ca tech straps

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey Eric,,, not to derail your thread, but can you shoot me a link to the CT limit straps please?. I've poured over their site and can't seem to find CT front limit straps.?? I put "limit straps" in their search bar and come up with everything BUT limit straps.:geek:

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They’re only shown on the shock Tower brace, it’s a drop down $80 more for the straps, they will not work with other towers as they mount to the lower holes on the billet where the steel brace

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thank you sir,,, found them. I have a CT USM kit on my car,,,, that's why I was interested in the CT straps.! Not sure if CT added them to their site lately, or I just missed them when I bought my kit?? Anyway,, THANK YOU!!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Buddy was given me shit about not having a sway bar up front. I pointed out his right front link was totally missing. He shit himself. Drove the car like hell anyway lol ‘it’s not as rough as it was’ then kept thinking his real links broke. I actually love the way it rides without it, but I’m get a rear bar for help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts