Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Just picked up a maverick xrs dps and going on my first actual ride this weekend. I have read a few posts about dealers not greasing the shocks? What part of the shock do I need to grease, and is there any other tips before my first ride? I have about 15 miles on it, and want to get to 30 before the ride to break the belt in. Thanks for any help.

Travis

·
Registered
371 Posts
Grease the bushing inside the the shock mounts. If you are riding below 20 mph or doing any kind of slow technical riding use low range. This will save your belt.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Any waterproof grade grease will work. Ride around in low range until you are comfortable with the machine! Try not to ride alone, if you do make sure you have a winch.

·
Registered
274 Posts
It "will" work but after a few sessions of wet riding it may not hold up as well as marine or other water resistant grease... Its better than none...

I just bought a $10 tube of the CanAm XPS suspension grease.. Used that on the shocks and also on all the other Zerks for the suspension.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
any water proof bearing axle grease will work ,

remove shocks and remove the rubber o ring and clean the bearings with wd 40 or fogging oil , then apply lil grease to each side and end reinstall the o rings and install back on mav

1 - 7 of 7 Posts